Topic: Ivy Film Festival

Kaling is currently working on a new show, "Sex Lives of College Girls," which will be released by HBO Max later this year.

Arts & Culture

Mindy Kaling joins Ivy Film Festival for conversation about ‘Never Have I Ever,’ writing career

April 4, 2021 0 comments

Actress, comedian, writer, producer and director Mindy Kaling joined Ivy Film Festival for a virtual conversation Friday afternoon. Kaling is best known for her role as Kelly Kapoor on NBC’s sitcom “The Office.”

Baron Cohen discussed his organization, Stop Hate for Profit, which “holds social media companies accountable for hate on their platforms.”

Arts & Culture

Sacha Baron Cohen talks ‘Borat’ and ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ during virtual visit to Ivy Film Festival

March 31, 2021 0 comments

Actor, comedian and producer Sacha Baron Cohen joined Ivy Film Festival for its 20th Anniversary Festival Week Tuesday evening.

Actors Edi Gathegi and Tayler Buck discussed their methods of getting into character and researching for their roles in this movie about a foster child who runs away to live with her mentally ill and homeless father.

Arts & Culture

“Princess of the Row” actors Edi Gathegi, Tayler Buck join Ivy Film Festival for virtual talk

February 26, 2021 0 comments

The Ivy Film Festival welcomed actors Edi Gathegi and Tayler Buck for a conversation about their film “Princess of the Row” Wednesday evening.

Film and TV industry leaders encouraged students to find their passions, make connections, and take advantage of all opportunities presented.

Arts & Culture

IFF Hosts Film Industry Leaders in Weekend of Career Chats

November 15, 2020 0 comments

This weekend, the Ivy Film Festival held a “Weekend of Career Chats”: a series of webinar workshops and conversations on entry points and opportunities in the film and television industry.

The Ivy Film Festival welcomed renowned writer and director Aaron Sorkin and acclaimed actor Jeremy Strong for a conversation on their latest film “The Trial of the Chicago 7” on the evening of Oct. 21.

Arts & Culture, Reviews

Aaron Sorkin and Jeremy Strong discuss ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ at virtual IFF event

October 22, 2020 0 comments

Ivy Film Festival to screen Official Selection, speaker series virtually

Arts & Culture

April 17, 2020 0 comments

How do you execute the world’s largest student-run film festival amidst a global pandemic? Like many things these days: Move online. The Ivy Film Festival announced Monday that this year’s festival will take place digitally from April 24 to April 30.

Creative Artists Agency will participate in IFF’s festival programming and engage with student filmmakers.

Arts & Culture

IFF, CAA to open opportunities to student filmmakers

April 2, 2020 Comments are Disabled

On March 30, Ivy Film Festival announced its involvement with Creative Artists Agency. By participating in IFF’s festival programming and engaging with student filmmakers, the agency will help advance IFF’s mission of exchanging ideas between industry professionals and student creatives. 

Ivy Film Festival hosted a screening and panel for HBO’s “At the Heart of Gold: Inside the USA Gymnastics Scandal” Tuesday night. Because of the film’s sensitive nature, SHARE advocates were present.

Arts & Culture

IFF spotlights survivors of USA Gymnastics scandal in documentary screening

October 17, 2019 Comments are Disabled

For decades, young gymnasts sought treatment and support from former sports doctor Larry Nassar. But after years of allegations and lawsuits, Nassar was convicted of child pornography charges and multiple sex crimes against athletes under his care.

University partners with film studio A24

Arts & Culture

September 19, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Starting this fall, the University will partner with film production company A24 — known for works such as “Spring Breakers,” “Ex Machina,” “Lady Bird,” “Moonlight” and “Euphoria” — to bring screenings and events to campus.

Katya Stambler ’21 talked with panelists about the importance of preparing for roles and their experiences working with famous co-stars.

Arts & Culture

‘Rising Stars’ discuss acting, industry

April 15, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Working with the biggest names in Hollywood has made young actors Logan Lerman, Danielle Macdonald and Callum Woodhouse realize that their famous co-stars are human, too.