Topic: leave of absence

The Bruno Brief: How Brown Students are Creating Meaning While on Leave Away from College Hill

Multimedia, News, Podcasts, University News

February 22, 2021 0 comments

In this week’s episode of The Bruno Brief, we hear from students who decided to take leaves of absence from Brown in light of the pandemic about the semesters they’ve created for themselves instead. We talk to contributing writer Kashif Ansari ’24, who spoke to these students currently spread across the globe.

Pipatjarasgit ’21: Enrollment as a part-time undergraduate student: An option that should be available to all

Columns, Opinions

February 1, 2021 2 comments

In July 2020, shortly after Brown released its plan for conducting the academic year amidst the current pandemic, I sat at home weighing my options for how I would choose to navigate what I knew would be an atypical academic year.

The COVID-19 testing centers at the OMAC and One Davol Square were both closed Monday due to supply shortages.

News, University News

Barred from University testing, students on leave and living in Providence must find alternative COVID-19 testing

October 4, 2020 0 comments

Facing an uncertain semester, many students decided to declare leave this fall, and some have decided to live in Providence. But amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, their leave status has precluded them from enrolling in the University’s COVID-19 testing program.

Grad school relaxes leave-taking policies

News, University News

December 5, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The Graduate School approved several changes to its leave-taking policies earlier this fall.

Aman ’20: It’s time to scrap the $70 re-admission fee

Opinions

March 21, 2019 Comments are Disabled

I first discovered that students who take a leave of absence are required to pay a $70 re-admission fee after reading an op-ed submitted by Soyoon Kim ‘19 and Addy Schuetz ‘19.5, the leavetaking coordinators at the Curricular Resource Center.