Donate

Topic: Nelson Center for Entrenprenuership

In a Nelson Center speech, immigration lawyer Peter Roberts ’83 addressed the struggle that entrepreneurs applying for VISAs face.

News, University News

Roberts ’83 advises international students on visa applications

February 25, 2020 0 comments

Standing at the front of the Liz Lange Lecture Hall in the Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship, Peter Roberts ’83, founder and principal of Roberts Immigration Law Group, addressed the evolving challenges facing U.S. foreign national and immigrant entrepreneurs.

High schoolers involved in Young Entrepreneurs of Providence spent eight weeks developing business ideas. Their work culminated Thursday when they pitched their ideas to a faculty and student-led panel at the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship.

Metro, News

Local high schoolers pitch entrepreneurial ideas at Nelson Center

November 22, 2019 0 comments

The 17 Providence high school students who participated in the Young Entrepreneurs of Providence program presented a variety of original products ­— from a health tracker for dogs to an audio note taker — during Pitch Night at the Nelson Center of Entrepreneurship Thursday.

Laura Thompson ’09 (left) and Arnell Milhouse (right) had prior experience in the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship in unofficial roles.

News, University News

Thompson ’09, Milhouse join Nelson Center as Entrepreneurs in Residence

September 27, 2019 0 comments

Arnell Milhouse and Laura Thompson ’09 will help students build startups and develop ideas as this year’s Entrepreneurs in Residence at the Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship. Since their appointment in May, Thompson and Milhouse have started mentoring students during their office hours.

The University’s Breakthrough-Lab moved into the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship this summer. The B-Lab program provided a stipend, workspace and mentorship for 14 student ventures this summer.

News, University News

University’s Breakthrough-Lab supports student ventures

September 24, 2019 0 comments

For eight weeks over the summer, student entrepreneurs gathered in the workspaces and lecture halls of the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center For Entrepreneurship to work on venture projects through the Breakthrough-Lab program.

The three winning teams received prize money and won a trip to New York City to meet with investors and alums.

News, University News

Brown Venture Prize awards $50,000 to student start-ups

March 20, 2019 Comments are Disabled

With a $25,000 prize on the line and a sold-out crowd of over 250 people, eight teams of young entrepreneurs took the stage last Wednesday for the second Brown Venture Prize Pitch Night, presenting their startup ideas and vying for the favor of seven alumni judges.

Relocating from Hillel, the new Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship will provide a versatile, collaborative space for students to pursue their work on startups and venture companies.

News, University News

Nelson Entrepreneurship Center to relocate on Thayer

February 20, 2019 Comments are Disabled

The Jonathan M. Nelson Center for Entrepreneurship will move to a new home at 249 Thayer St. this summer, said Danny Warshay ’87 P’20, executive director of the Nelson Center. The new four-story building is set to be completed in May, and the Center will use the top three floors, totaling about 10,500 square feet.