Donate

Topic: Sarah Doyle Women’s Center

On Mach 2, students and faculty gathered in the Sarah Doyle Center for the celebratory event marking the beginning of Women’s History Month, and the start of the Center’s Women’s History series.

Arts & Culture

Sarah Doyle Center celebrates Women’s History Month

March 5, 2020 0 comments

On March 2, the Sarah Doyle Center for Women and Gender celebrated the start of Women’s History Month and their Women’s History series.  With the theme of “Radical Roots,” this year’s event series is comprised of lectures and workshops taking place across campus.

The Sarah Doyle Women’s Center is hosting events that center on empowerment and feminism throughout March and April. This programming marks the first time the SDWC is using “womxn” in the series’ title.

News, University News

Womxn’s series promotes inclusivity

March 20, 2018 0 comments

Throughout March and April, the Sarah Doyle Women’s Center will host the 2018 Womxn’s History Series, “Remixing Storytelling: Gender, Media and Creative Expression,” which seeks to welcome marginalized identities and “amplify voices that haven’t been heard on campus,” said Giselle Flores Alvarado ’20.

Sarah Jane Lapp ’94 brings paint, puzzles to campus

Arts & Culture

September 5, 2017 0 comments

In viewing the exhibition currently housed by the Sarah Doyle Women’s Center, audiences have the opportunity to take part in the artistic process itself.

Student curates U.’s first zine collection

Multimedia, News, University News, Video

February 3, 2017 0 comments

On Feb. 1, Malana Krongelb ’18 unveiled a zine collection that she had spent over a year curating to members of the Brown community.

Arts & Culture

Q&A: Linda Ford talks recent exhibit ‘Territorialize’

February 1, 2017 0 comments

From Dec. 5 to Jan. 27, the Sarah Doyle Women Center Gallery presented “Territorialize,” a solo exhibition by Linda Ford.

Arts & Culture

Under the Spotlight: Feb. 9

February 9, 2016 0 comments

The Department of East Asian Studies is hosting Chinese Language Week, five nights of festivities starting with a celebration of Chinese New Year Monday.