Donate

Topic: the New York Times

On April 26, the New York Times published an op-ed written by President Christina Paxson P’19 titled “College Campuses Must Reopen in the Fall. Here’s How We Do It.”

COVID-19 Updates, News, University News

Paxson’s NYT op-ed on fall reopening met with mixed reactions from Brown community

May 4, 2020 5 comments

President Christina Paxson P’19’s April 26 New York Times op-ed, titled “College Campuses Must Reopen in the Fall. Here’s How We Do It,” has received mixed reactions from University students and faculty.

Dana Goldstein ’06 is the author of the best-selling book, “The Teacher Wars: A history of America’s Most Embattled Profession.”

New York Times national reporter talks United States education policy

March 3, 2020 0 comments

Dana Goldstein ’06, a national correspondent for the New York Times, discussed the impact of education policies on students, parents and teachers nationwide at the Joukowsky Forum Monday afternoon. Attended by students, faculty and community members, the talk was moderated by Matthew Kraft, associate professor of education and economics, and […]

University Professor asks NYT to correct 1619 project

News, University News

January 29, 2020 1 comment

Professor Emeritus of History Gordon Wood P’86 co-wrote a letter to the editor requesting a correction to the New York Times Magazine’s acclaimed 1619 Project with four other professors from different universities.

“Modern Love” attempts to focus on the tribulations and joys of various New Yorkers’ experiences with love in modern-day society. The star-studded cast includes Tina Fey, Anne Hathaway and Dev Patel.

Arts & Culture, Reviews

Comedy-drama series ‘Modern Love’ falls flat

October 28, 2019 0 comments

Based on the popular New York Times weekly column of the same name, “Modern Love” was released Oct. 18 on Amazon Prime Video, boasting the faces of Tina Fey, Anne Hathaway and Dev Patel. The column Modern Love began in 2004 and continues to feature personal sagas of love, empathy and intimacy in all forms.

A.G. Sulzberger ’03 became publisher of the Times on Jan. 1, 2018. He is the sixth person in his family to hold the position.

News, University News

Times publisher Sulzberger ’03 returns to University

September 24, 2019 0 comments

A.G. Sulzberger ’03, publisher of the New York Times, returned to the University Monday evening to share his belief in the steadfast power of journalism in a world where reporters face unprecedented risk and newspapers face failing business models.