Topic: Title IX Office

Sexual assault activism is cyclical, Lily Shield ’09 said. “Every couple of years, it resurfaces.”

News, University News

‘It happens in the places where we live and sleep’: students’ fight for sexual assault resources on campus

April 6, 2021 0 comments

“I said no.”  “Break the silence.” “You don’t know this, but it happened here at Brown.” These phrases, and more, were written on t-shirts that members of the student-run Sexual Assault Task Force hung between trees on the Main Green on a cool October day in 2007. 

The creation of the Rape List in the 1990s led to a major reckoning on campus in the conversation around sexual violence.

News, University News

‘If we don’t start taking care of each other, no one will’: how women started a movement that redefined how Brown handles sexual assault

March 18, 2021 1 comment

In October 1990, a list of names appeared on the bathroom walls of the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library. With growing concerns about the University’s inaction on sexual assault, women took matters into their own hands. 

Three-year review releases recommendations to improve Title IX response, awareness

News, University News

May 4, 2020 0 comments

The Steering Committee on Equity and Diversity’s three-year review, released May 1, recommended new measures to increase awareness and better responses to Title IX and Gender Equity incidents.  

University to review proposed Title IX regulations

News, University News

November 25, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Following the U.S. Department of Education’s proposed changes to Title IX regulations, President Christina Paxson P’19 reaffirmed the University’s commitment “to providing equitable and clear procedures for reporting, investigating and resolving allegations of sexual misconduct” in a Nov. 16 community-wide email.

Davis hire ends period of temporary staffing in Title IX office

News

September 13, 2017 Comments are Disabled

Before Title IX Program Officer Rene Davis stepped into her role in July, the Title IX Office had been managed by a team of temporary administrators.

Davis joins University as Title IX Officer

News, University News

Ending a five-month period of interim leadership by internal administrators, Rene Davis began work as the new program officer for the Title IX Office.

News, University News

Rene Davis appointed Title IX program officer

May 25, 2017 Comments are Disabled

Rene Davis will serve as the University’s Title IX program officer starting July 17