Topic: Track and field

Track and field throws coach Craig Kinsely ’11 commends his athletes on their perseverance through challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sports

Track and field throws coach Craig Kinsely talks uncertain spring season

February 11, 2021 0 comments

Track and field throws coach Craig Kinsely ’11 joined the track and field program in December 2016. Before he joined the staff, Kinsely was the 2010 NCAA National Champion in javelin at Brown and earned a spot on Team USA in 2012, becoming the top American finisher at the London Olympics.

Skahill ’21: One Team, One Family — Women’s Cross Country, Track & Field Weigh in on Excellence Initiative

Op-eds, Opinions

June 4, 2020 0 comments

On May 28, Brown University revealed that it will cut 11 varsity athletics teams and transition them to club status, effective immediately. The decision, which was made without the knowledge of the University’s head coaches and student-athletes, has been dubbed the Excellence in Brown Athletics Initiative.

Cameron Daly ’20 previously has competed at the NCAA Pre-National Invitational and the Ivy League Outdoor Track & Field Championships.

Sports

Daly ’20 breaks University record in 5000-meter race

January 31, 2020 Comments are Disabled

Cameron Daly ’20 broke the University record for the 5000-meter track and field event at the Boston University Terrier Invitational and Columbia Challenge this weekend. His time of 14:00.31 beat the 15-year-old record by over seven seconds and his own personal best by over nine seconds.

Sports Roundup, April 1

Sports

Sports Roundup, April 1

April 1, 2019 Comments are Disabled

This spring break saw several impressive performances from Brown’s athletic teams. Highlights from this weekend included a 4-2 victory over Yale for the men’s tennis team, women’s lacrosse defeating Fresno State University 19-13 and 10 first place finishes for track and field at the Bryant Black and Gold Invitational.

Uche ’21 is the first in program history to break the 20-foot mark. She broke the record at last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston.

Sports

Uche ’21 breaks University long jump record

February 8, 2019 Comments are Disabled

Last weekend’s New England Championship in Boston saw impressive performances from several athletes on the track and field, but the highlight of the meet was provided by Ijeoma Uche ’21, who broke a school record in the long jump.

Men’s track and field team competes at Nationals

Sports

March 15, 2018 Comments are Disabled

On Friday, members of the men’s track and field team competed at the NCAA Indoor National Championships for the first time in 16 years.

Bears capture three individual titles at Ivy Indoor Track Champs

Sports

March 2, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Last weekend, the men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled north to Dartmouth to participate in the Ivy League Indoor Heptagonal Championships.

Jason Katz ’19 earned the second best mark in Brown history for long jump with a personal record of 24-08.50 at the Heptagonal Championships.

Sports

Katz ’19 wins long jump at Ivy League Heptagonal Champs

March 2, 2018 Comments are Disabled

Jason Katz ’19 only needed one attempt to win the long jump at the Ivy League Heptagonal Indoor Track and Field Championships.

Tosin Oyewole '18

Sports

Men’s track and field relay takes fourth in UCS Invitational

February 22, 2018 Comments are Disabled

On Friday, four members of the men’s track and field team — Captain Tosin Oyewole ’18, Captain Zack Emrich ’18, Zachary Lanigan ’20 and Martin Martinez ’18 — flew to Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to compete in the UCS Invitational, squaring off against some of the nation’s top teams in the distance medley relay.

Martin Martinez ’18 became one of the 510 Americans who can run a sub-four minute mile on Saturday, breaking Brown’s outdoor track record.

Sports

Martinez ’18 breaks four-minute mile barrier

February 15, 2018 1 comment

Most people can remember running a timed mile in gym class, but few can fathom what it would be like to cover the distance in under four minutes.