Topic: Undergraduate Council of Students

During the general body meeting, UCS voted and decided to include multiple referendums to the ballot for their upcoming elections. Referendum propositions, which addressed food security and the establishment of a Disability and Justice Center, pass by majority votes.

News, University News

UCS adds three referendums to elections ballot

March 5, 2020 0 comments

At its general body meeting Wednesday evening, the Undergraduate Council of Students voted to add three referendums to the ballot of the upcoming UCS and Undergraduate Finance Board elections.

BrownU, the official app for information related to the University community, including dining menus and campus maps, has been built to have features specifically relevant to students. Both staff from CIS and students from UCS met to discuss the app’s future development.

Computing, Information Services solicits UCS feedback on BrownU app

February 6, 2020 0 comments

Staff from Computing and Information Services presented on the recently launched BrownU mobile application and solicited student feedback at the Undergraduate Council of Students’ general body meeting Wednesday evening.

Students express concerns in UCS fall poll

News, University News

January 31, 2020 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students shared the results of its annual Fall Poll today in an email sent to all undergraduate students. Financial burdens, mental health issues and increased control of the University’s gift acceptance and investment policies emerged as the highest priorities.

At UCS’s general body meeting on Wednesday, the Council voted to affirm “the autonomy and privacy of University representatives.”

News, University News

UCS expresses support for ACCRIP reps

December 5, 2019 1 comment

The Undergraduate Council of Students voted to affirm “the autonomy and privacy of University representatives” in response to a third-party organization’s “attempt to intimidate” members of the Advisory Committee on Corporate Responsibility in Investment Policies.

Two representatives from e-scooter company Spin attended Wednesday’s UCS meeting to talk about a potential partnership with the University.

News, University News

Spin e-scooter company considers partnership with University

November 7, 2019 0 comments

Representatives from e-scooter company Spin presented on a potential partnership with the University at the Undergraduate Council of Students’ general body meeting Wednesday evening.

At yesterday's UCS meeting, the Council passed two amendments regarding student group recognition.

News, University News

UCS amends club recognition policies

October 24, 2019 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students passed two amendments to its code of operations concerning student group recognition and heard updates on committee initiatives during its Wednesday meeting.

Half of undergrads indifferent on UCS

News, University News

Half of undergrads indifferent on UCS

April 17, 2019 0 comments

Almost half of undergraduate students ­— 49.9 percent — have no opinion on the Undergraduate Council of Students, while 40.7 percent of students either strongly or somewhat approve of the Council, according to The Herald’s spring 2019 poll.

The Undergraduate Council of Students heard from SHARE Advocates and learned about proposed changes to the Code of Student Conduct at its Wednesday meeting.

News, University News

UCS hears proposed changes to code of conduct

April 4, 2019 0 comments

At their Wednesday evening general body meeting, the Undergraduate Council of Students heard a presentation from SHARE and received information about recommended changes to the Code of Student Conduct.

The UCS Vice President, who worked to develop pathways to address harm on campus, plans to continue collaborating with UCS.

News, University News

UCS Vice President to resign

February 6, 2019 0 comments

Camila Pelsinger ’20 plans to resign as vice president of the Undergraduate Council of Students with an email statement to the general body ahead of tonight’s UCS meeting. Mar Weiss ’20, chair of academic affairs, also plans to resign today.

The Undergraduate Council of Students approved amendments to the Campus of Consent Bill and made preparations for the Title IX town hall tonight in its final general body meeting of the semester.

News, University News

UCS amends Campus of Consent Bill

December 6, 2018 0 comments

The Undergraduate Council of Students held its final general body meeting of the semester Wednesday evening, in which it unanimously amended the Campus of Consent Bill and brainstormed questions for tonight’s Title IX Town Hall.