Donate

Topic: women in NASA

Astronaut Jessica Meir '99 is photographed outside the Soyuz MS-15 spacecraft, after landing with two fellow astronauts in a remote region of Kazakhstan on Friday, April 17.

Science & Research

A dream achieved: 205 days later, Meir ’99 lands back on Earth

April 17, 2020 0 comments

Jessica Meir ’99 returned to Earth’s surface Friday at 1:16 am EDT, marking the end of her 205th day in space. The landing was live-streamed on NASA’s website as Thursday night gave way to Friday morning on the East coast.

Photographed by fellow astronaut Christina Koch, Jessica Meir '99 conducts a spacewalk to upgrade some of the power systems on the ISS.

News, Science & Research

On Friday, astronaut Jessica Meir ’99 will return to a changed Earth

April 12, 2020 1 comment

When Jessica Meir ’99 was last subject to Earth’s gravitational pull almost seven months ago, life looked very different. This week she journeys home, leaving the isolation of the International Space Station behind to return to a self-quarantining planet. 

Meir, Skripochka and Almansoori will fly to the International Space Station in an act of international cooperation. The team will stay on the ISS for six months, and Meir will help conduct various experiments.

News, Science & Research

Meir ’99 departs on mission to International Space Station

September 25, 2019 0 comments

Minutes before 10 a.m. lectures begin today, astronaut Jessica Meir ’99 will soar through the atmosphere and rocket into space toward the International Space Station. Her first-ever space flight will depart from Kazakhstan at 9:57 a.m. EST.

Margaret Hamilton, one of the women represented in the new Lego set, worked as a programmer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and created software for the Apollo Space program.

News, Science & Research

New Lego set celebrates women in NASA

October 31, 2017 Comments are Disabled

Today, young girls who dream of becoming astronauts or space scientists will be able to literally hold their futures in the palms of their hands.