Post- Magazine

editor's note [s24] [07]

Dear Readers,

Spring is here! Or rather, the marker of spring for those of us too deep in the academic trenches to enjoy the past few sunny days on the Main Green: spring break! Finally we can all take a moment to relax, travel, or just get caught back up on work. I personally will be traveling to Chicago to visit my younger sister, who is currently a college sophomore. While I’m crashing on her apartment couch, I expect to be transported back to a simpler time. What was I even doing sophomore year? I honestly couldn’t tell you. Definitely not worrying about networking and career opportunities, like I am now. Perhaps back then I had an enthusiastic joy and a bright outlook on the world. Ah, the innocence of youth! Hopefully I will emerge from this week with a fresh perspective on both the past and the ever-looming future. I would also settle for just a decently normal sleep schedule. 

In post- this week, our writers are also looking at things with fresh perspectives. Our Feature writer explores her relationship with photography through the lens of a Susan Sontag essay. In Narrative, one writer takes a closer look at four-leaf clovers and the manic-pixie-dream-girl trope and the other reflects on her familiarity with her native language, Korean. This week for A&C, one writer reviews the La Solar music festival and our other writer shares lessons she has learned from her older sister. In Lifestyle, one writer shares his new love for Everett-Poland and the other gives us a guide to suits. The crossword this week will have you reconsidering acronyms you thought you knew. 

In the next few days, we will all embark on separate adventures for the upcoming break (or settle down for a relaxing break in Providence). If you find yourself with some extra time—in between flights, maybe, or on a rainy day—pick up a copy of post-. Maybe it will inspire you to view things in your life from a new angle. If nothing else, our writers’ lovely words will help time fly by. 

Metamorphosing,
Eleanor Peters
Copy Chief