FBI involved in missing undergrad case

An agent met with family members Thursday night to aid the search for Sunil Tripathi

Features Editor

The FBI has joined the search for Sunil Tripathi, a former member of the class of 2012 who went missing Saturday morning.

An agent met with family members Thursday night to discuss the case and move forward in conjunction with the Providence Police Department and the Department of Public Safety, Tripathi’s mother Judy Tripathi said.

Law enforcement officials told the family that “the more eyes (search for Tripathi,) the better,” she said.

Police officers are “looking for Sunil alive,” she said. “Law enforcement are saying to us there is every chance he is still with us.”

Friends and family members encouraged anyone with information regarding Tripathi’s disappearance to contact Providence Detective Mark Sacco at (401) 641-8691 or the FBI.

• msfreeh

FBI Agent Pleads Guilty to Child Abuse

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-02-17-ex-fbi-ia-chief_x.htm

Tuesday February 17, 2004 11:46 PM

The former chief internal watchdog at the FBI has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 6-year-old girl and has admitted he had a history of molesting other children before he joined the bureau for what became a two-decade career.

John H. Conditt Jr., 53, who retired in 2001, was sentenced last week to 12 years in prison in Tarrant County court in Fort Worth, Texas, after he admitted he molested the daughter of two FBI agents after he retired. He acknowledged molesting at least two other girls before he began his law enforcement career, his lawyer said.

• msfreeh

FBI Agent Accused Of Masturbating In Public
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/12/ex-fbi_agent_sentenced_to_pris.html
    May 25, 2007

Posted by, Marissa Pasquet KOLD News 13 News Editor

FBI Special Agent Ryan Seese, 34, is facing sex offense charges after a cleaning woman said she found him masturbating in a women’s lavatory on campus, according to a University of Arizona police spokesman.

• msfreeh

see link for full story
    CNN exclusive: FBI misconduct reveals sex, lies and videotape

By Scott Zamost and Kyra Phillips, CNN Special Investigations Unit
    January 27, 2011

Washington (CNN) — An FBI employee shared confidential information with his girlfriend, who was a news reporter, then later threatened to release a sex tape the two had made.

A supervisor watched pornographic videos in his office during work hours while “satisfying himself.”

And an employee in a “leadership position” misused a government database to check on two friends who were exotic dancers and allowed them into an FBI office after hours.

These are among confidential summaries of FBI disciplinary reports obtained by CNN, which describe misconduct by agency supervisors, agents and other employees over the last three years

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/27/siu.fbi.internal.documents/index.html

• msfreeh

see link for full story

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/192104/37/Buffalo-FBI-Agent-Busted

Buffalo FBI Agent Busted
    Dec 10, 2012

BUFFALO, NY – A Special Agent working in the Buffalo office of the FBI is due in Eden Town Court later this month, after being arrested by New York State Police last Friday night, charged with exposing himself to a fellow motorist on the New York State Thruway.

State Police Lt. David Denz confirmed for WGRZ-TV that John A. Yervelli Jr., 48, of Lakeview, was charged with Public Lewdness, a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

According to Denz, a truck driver from central New York was traveling in the right lane while east bound on the Thruway near mile marker 442, between Exits 57 and 57A, when he noticed a grey minivan pull alongside him in the passing lane.

The trucker told police that when he looked down, he noticed the driver of the other vehicle (who had turned his dome light on) was not wearing pants.

• Anonymous

msfreeh, the FBI are not involved in the case in the way you suggest. They are involved in assisting to locate the missing student. Your posts are humorous, if a bit paranoid, but they are also counterproductive.

• captainHindsight

lol, what’s that now?

• LifeLongRepublican4Obama

He’s not the guy idiot.

• semisrs

Captain Hindsight here.

Actually, they were hunting him because they thought he might set off a bomb.

• LifeLongRepublican4Obama

Wrong moron

• Z_West

If only they found this terrorist POS sooner =/

• LifeLongRepublican4Obama

The only POS is you.

• semisrs

Did you really get up this early just to pick fights on the internet? Look at the rest of your comments and let me know what your life has become.

• T

Did the FBI get involved because they knew he was a violent monster perhaps?

• semisrs

He probably ran for it because he realized he might get arrested.

• LifeLongRepublican4Obama

No because he went missing, idiot.

• 2014

I hope you’re ashamed of this comment now, but on the off chance that you aren’t, I’ll throw you a hearty “fuck you.”

• Cynyc

I wasn’t even aware of this missing kid because I don’t watch TV and only listen to public radio and read Brit rags on the ‘net. So I only learned of it in the Boston Bombers special page…

How fucking horrible for that family! Maybe we can help them find their son instead of grandstanding each other in other threads.