Updated Thursday, July 24 at 11:15 p.m.

Mark St. Louis ’15 died on Friday, July 18. President Christina Paxson first announced his death in a community-wide email Sunday morning.

St. Louis, 21, was a neuroscience concentrator from Atlanta. He graduated from the United World College of the Adriatic before coming to Brown and intended to obtain a combined MD/PhD after college, Paxson wrote.

At Brown, St. Louis was a member of the ultimate frisbee team. He was also involved with BrainGate, a research project focused on assisting people with neurological disorders by creating new technologies, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute-Brown Summer Scholars Research Program, Paxson wrote.

While in high school in Italy, St. Louis competed in the ultimate frisbee Junior World Championship for the Italian junior national team, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Thursday.

There will be a memorial service this Saturday, July 26, at 4 p.m. at the Paideia School theater in Atlanta, according to the Journal-Constitution. The family suggests that those who would like to make contributions donate to the SpeakYourMind Foundation, an organization associated with the BrainGate lab and with which St. Louis worked closely.

The offices of Counseling and Psychological Services, which can be reached at 401-863-3476, and Chaplains and Religious Life, which can be reached at 401-863-2344, are open to all members of the Brown community for support.