Seniors lead six from m.soccer picked for All-Ivy teams

After another stellar Ivy League finish, the men's soccer team placed six players on All-Ivy teams, which were announced Tuesday. Jeff Larentowicz '05 and Marcos Romaniero '05 both earned First Team All-Ivy honors, while goalkeeper Chris Gomez '05 was named to the second team. Rounding out the selections were Keith Caldwell '06, Andrew Daniels '07 and Laurent Manuel '08, all of whom received honorable mentions.

Larentowicz was one of three unanimous selections and has been an All-Ivy selection all four years. Last year, in addition to being named First Team All-Ivy, Larentowicz was named an NSCAA/adidas Second Team All-American and received All-New England honors.

Romaniero, a Second Team CoSIDA Academic All-American this season, led the Bears in scoring with 14 points and finished second in scoring last year, also with 14 points. Gomez finished his Brown career earning yet another accolade. Much like Larentowicz, he was an All-Ivy and All-New England selection last year when he allowed only two goals in the seven-game Ivy League season. With six shutouts this year, Gomez brought his career total to 19.

With the team's three representatives on the first and second team graduating, getting three honorable mentions for returning players bodes well for the team's future. Caldwell and Daniels finished tied for second in scoring for the team, each scoring five goals and two assists for 12 points. Manuel, who was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week once this season, provided a steady presence in the Bears' backfield in front of Gomez.