Crime Log: 7 chairs stolen from President's Dining Room since Sept. 11

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Sept. 7 and Sept. 19. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring both on and off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, the PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Friday, Sept. 7: 8:55 p.m. Event staff worker approached an officer and requested assistance for a male with a flask on Stevenson Field. The officer asked for the flask, and the individual handed it over.

Sunday, Sept. 9: 1:52 a.m. Officer was dispatched to Archibald House for the report of a theft of a laptop. The student complainant reported that he left his room around 1:30 a.m. and went down the hall for approximately 25 minutes. When he returned, his laptop was missing. The door to the room was unlocked and left open. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.

Tuesday, Sept. 11: 4:28 p.m. Complainant reported that she parked her car on Arlington Avenue at approximately 7:45 a.m. Upon returning to her vehicle at 4:15 p.m., she discovered her passenger side front window was broken and her GPS and ashtray were removed from the vehicle. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.

Wednesday, Sept. 12:1:05 p.m. Sometime between noon on Sept. 3 and 9 a.m. on Sept. 5, unknown person(s) took a "Welcome to Perkins Hall" banner from the wall on the southwest side of Perkins Hall.

Friday, Sept. 14:9:55 a.m. The Engineering Department reported that two computers were stolen from a lab in Barus and Holley sometime in the past two to three weeks. The security cables on both were cut. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.

3:45 p.m. Employee stated that at approximately 3 p.m. she noticed one black leather chair unattended at the southeast corner of the Sharpe Refectory doors facing Patriots Court. The chair belongs to a set of approximately 25 located in the President's Dining Room. Another employee stated that seven of the 25 chairs have been reported missing since Sept. 11. There are no suspects at this time.

7:24 p.m. Two students stated that they were playing soccer on Stevenson Field and had placed their wallets and cell phones near the northeast side of the field. They said there was another group of persons playing at the southern end of the field sometime around 5:30 p.m. The other group left before they were finished. It was not until approximately 6:45 p.m. that they noticed their items missing.

Saturday, Sept. 15:12:47 a.m. Officer was dispatched to an off-campus residence on Governor Street for a report of excess noise. Upon arrival the DPS officer met with a Providence Police officer who informed him that the Providence Police arrived on scene and found over 250 people in and outside of the house. The Providence Police cited all the residents, who were Brown students, for excessive noise.

1:44 a.m. Officers were dispatched to Marcy House on Patriots Court for a report of individuals stealing property from Marcy House. Several Brown students surrounded a suspect who had attempted to steal a television. The individual was taken into custody by Brown police and was turned over to Providence Police for charging.

8:45 a.m. Complainant reported that he noticed his computer had been stolen from his room in Jameson House. He last saw it on Sept. 14 at 8:40 p.m. He noticed that it was missing on Sept. 15 at 8:45 a.m.

12:56 p.m. At approximately 12:30 p.m. a keg was confiscated from three students in Lot 88 near Brown Stadium due to the fact that no alcohol is allowed on University property during football games.

Sunday, Sept. 16:4:44 p.m. Two employees at 68-½ Brown St. reported their laptops stolen from their offices. They both reported that their office doors were locked.

Monday, Sept. 17:11:03 a.m. An employee at 70 Brown St. reported that a laptop computer was stolen sometime between Sept. 14 and Sept. 17 at 8:20 a.m. The computer was left unlocked on a desk. The room was reported locked, and there was no sign of forced entry or damage.

Tuesday, Sept. 18:2:28 p.m. Baseball coach reported that sometime between Sept. 15 at 4:00 p.m. and Sept. 16 at 9:30 a.m. someone cut holes in the baseball nets on Erickson Field used by pitchers during practice sessions. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, Sept. 19:12:23 p.m. Complainant reported that sometime between 10:00 p.m. on Sept. 18 and 8:45 a.m. on Sept. 19, unknown person(s) smashed the passenger side front window of a vehicle parked on Williams Street, and an iPod and GPS navigation system were taken from the vehicle.