New map unveiled at Faunce

Facilities Management has unveiled a temporarily redesigned campus map, updated with recent construction projects. The new campus map is displayed in Faunce Arch, and Facilities Management officials are asking for feedback from the Brown community on its ease of use.

"The previous map was created in 1998. The campus has undergone significant change since then and the map required updating," said Montgomery Combs, director of systems and services for Facilities Management.

The new map more accurately portrays today's campus. For example, the relocated Peter Green House, moved this summer from 142 Angell Street to the corner of Brown and Angell streets, is shown on the map in its new location. Recently constructed buildings, such as the Sidney Frank Hall for Life Sciences, which opened in 2006, are also now included.

Students have noticed the map's detail. "It shows much information, yet it is easy to read and understand for students and visitors," Vikram Kedar '11 said.

Facilities Management will take feedback until Oct. 1. "We want to ensure that the members of the Brown community have an opportunity to provide input on an important tool that they will all be using," Combs said.

After incorporating any revisions, Combs said a permanent version of the campus map will be installed in Faunce Arch.