Coal to Brown researchers who experimented on "tiny, soft-bodied worms" that might be our earliest bilateral ancestor. Have you learned nothing from the PETA organizers on the Main Green this week? Those tiny, flaccid, defenseless worms are our kin! And they're soft-bodied!

A diamond to the alums who returned to Rhode Island to film a coming-of-age story about four high-school girls. We're thinking High School Musical with a local flavor: Zac Efron asks the new girl out on an awkward Waterfire date, buys her a coffee milk and then waits with her at the bus station for two hours because of RIPTA budget cuts.

Coal to Tufts University, which recently forbade students to have sex when a roommate is present. Talk about a wet blanket.

A diamond to the student who, enthused about his flu-shot experience, told The Herald: "It was very pleasant. I was in and out in less than a minute." Swine flu is no joking matter, but come on: That's what she said!!!

@the students in a graduate-level AmCiv class who expressed skepticism about having to "tweet" as part of their homework: we hear the world's tinyurl-est violin #coal

A cubic zirconium to Deputy Dean of the College Stephen Lassonde, who kindly debunked "the misconception" that the Banner registration system solves "all problems." Thanks for the clarification, but we never really thought a system that lacks elementary search functionality would stand much of a chance against swine flu, budget cuts, or rush-hour Ivy Room falafel traffic.

A diamond to the co-chair of the Providence Rotary Street Painting Festival, who said the group was "extremely proud to be back on the street." Unless the job market changes, this year's seniors will be right there with you.