A diamond to Teach for America founder Wendy Kopp, who received a "Leadership for Change through Education Award" from Brown on Wednesday. It's a pretty sweet deal, apparently — the award comes with a lovely plaque, an honorarium and the resumes of 500 Brown seniors who got turned down for consulting jobs.

Coal to the suspects in this week's crime log who stole two of those fancy chairs from the Rock. But an even bigger coal to the snoozing library guard who was probably too busy telling us we can't bring our coffee inside to notice the thieves rolling out the exit.

A diamond for effort to the D'Abate elementary schooler enrolled in a Brown-sponsored after-school program who identified her favorite grain as "pizza." This lesson was brought to you the letter 6 and the number potato.

A "low-hanging fruit" coal to those lovable parliamentarians on UCS, which this week didn't pass a motion to let motions pass by a simple majority because the motion received only a simple majority. We can't make this stuff up.

A cubic zirconium to the 38.1 percent of students who told The Herald they were concerned about their ability to fund their education. We'd really love to give you all diamonds, but print journalism ain't exactly lucrative right now either.

Last but not least, a diamond to the men's soccer team, which stormed into the second round of the NCAA tournament with a 103rd-minute goal that gave the Bears a 1-0, double-overtime victory against Stony Brook last night. You may have barely eked out the victory, but that's the great thing about the playoffs — postseason games are always S/NC. Good luck in the next round!