More students have visited the Verney-Woolley Dining Hall during morning hours since Brown Dining Services introduced continental breakfast there Monday, and most have expressed praise for the change, said Ann Hoffman, director of administration for Dining Services.

From Monday to Wednesday, Dining Services saw a steady increase from 80 to 119 students who ate at the V-Dub from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., the new extended hours, according to data provided by Hoffman.

On Wednesday, the busiest day, 29 percent of the students who ate in the morning attended the continental breakfast. Every day saw an increase from the previous week in the number of students who attended breakfast.

Students at the continental breakfast on Wednesday said they were pleased with the new option.

According to Hoffman, Jared Furuta '10, assistant unit manager for Dining Services, wrote in an e-mail to Hoffman that the continental breakfast is ideal for students with later classes who normally would not wake up early to go to breakfast.

Dorothy Lutz '13 said she did not used to get breakfast because of late classes but now takes advantage of the new continental breakfast.

"I am a really big fan since my class starts at 11," she said.

David Sanchez '13 said he liked and took advantage of the new option, which "is very convenient."

Hoffman said Janet Parris, food services manager of the V-Dub for Dining Services, wrote in an e-mail that attendance at the continental breakfast varied during the time slot. While continental breakfast is chaotic between 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m., the V-Dub calms down from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Parris wrote.

Hoffman added that it is still too early to be sure if this increase will continue in the coming weeks.

"At the beginning of the semester, we see typically high counts in all of our operations and high counts at breakfast," she said, "but after a while that goes away. It takes time to settle into patterns."

Only one customer has complained so far about the absence of hot food options at the continental breakfast, Hoffman said.

"This person misunderstood what would be offered," she said.

Most other students are satisfied with the current options.

While enjoying her breakfast, Karin Wefald '13 said, "I don't mind not having hot breakfast because there is still other stuff accessible."