For the next two days, Brown's population will increase by about 700 as admitted students invade campus for A Day On College Hill.

More students are expected to attend this year than last year, after Brown received a record number of applications.

"Since applications were up, maybe students are really taking time after they are admitted to visit campuses and see which one is best for them," said Eleanor Brennan, assistant director of admissions.

At ADOCH, prospective freshmen and their families have the opportunity to attend lectures, panels and an activities fair. They will also get a chance to stay in the dorms and meet other admitted students at social events such as a dessert social, a barbecue dinner and a talent show.

Last year, the ADOCH planners added the Wednesday night barbecue to the program and brought in about a dozen parents of current Brown students to speak during the Parent Information session. These additions were successful enough to be included again this year.

The Office of Admission is also making an effort to get more upperclassmen involved in the event. For the first time this year, juniors and seniors will also host prospective students.

While many prospective students will arrive Thursday, some have been on campus for Third World Welcome, another program for admitted students, since Wednesday.

Although any student admitted through regular decision is allowed to attend, early decision students are still asked to stay home, a policy the admission office decided on three years ago.

"It's really a space issue," Brennan said. "(Before) it was chaos, and it didn't flow well. ADOCH is for kids who have not yet decided to come to Brown. It is not an orientation event."

The student-led ADOCH committee, which starts planning the event in September, stresses the importance of showing students an accurate picture of life at Brown. At Inside Scoop at Brown, one of the most popular and well-attended ADOCH events, students watch video clips of how Brown is portrayed in popular culture, and then they can ask questions to a panel of students.

"I really love interacting with prospective students and I really love Brown, so if I can convince them to love Brown too, that would be great," said Jenna Kahn '12, who is co-coordinating ADOCH with Eddie Re '12.

Fortunately, admissions officers and ADOCH volunteers agree that it does not take much work to convince others to love Brown as they do.

"Most students enjoy being students here, so we don't have to ask them to do much," Brennan said.