The Office of Residential Life changed the locks on the first floor lounge and basement common spaces belonging to Delta Tau fraternity at approximately 4 p.m. Saturday during Spring Weekend "to prevent a recurrence of unauthorized folks attempting to host parties that were not registered events," wrote Richard Bova, senior associate dean of residential life and dining services, in an email to The Herald.

All on-campus events where alcohol will be served or attendance is expected to exceed 100 must be registered with the Office of Student Life three weeks in advance.

Students confirmed a DTau party was shut down at least once Friday.

Michael Spector '13 said he remembered the party getting shut down around 11:30 p.m. Pablo Arturo Galindo '13, a DTau pledge, also estimated the party was shut down around that time.

Hayley Sparks '14, who recalled the Friday party was broken up twice, speculated the party was shut down because students had not complied with earlier instructions to end the party and some were on the awning outside a second-floor window.

When she returned to the fraternity Saturday, she said she found "literally 60 cases of beer" in a sophomore's room. She said a member of the fraternity moved it from a basement closet when he saw the locks being changed on the common spaces. The University's decision to change the locks "seemed pretty extreme," she said.

The fraternity's leadership declined to comment on the situation.

Bova would not comment on whether similar action has been levied against other Greek houses or whether DTau will regain access to its common spaces.

Theta Delta Chi member Bradley Griffith '12 said administrators have restricted Thete brothers' use of their common spaces this semester.