Laura Kavazanjian '06 was killed in a one-car accident at about 1:30 am Saturday on Route 95 in Groton, Conn., when a car driven by David Reidy '06 went off the road and rolled onto its hood, according to an article in the Providence Journal. Kavazanjian, the only passenger, was not wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the back seat of the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Journal.

According to Reidy's Facebook page, he was engaged to Kavazanjian.

The accident occurred at the beginning of Brown's Reunion Weekend and during the fifth-year reunion for members of the class of 2006. Kavazanjian attended the weekend's reunion and commencement activities, according to a statement from President Ruth Simmons. 

"The University has reached out to Laura's family to offer our deepest condolences and support at this most difficult time," Simmons wrote in the statement. "We extend our sincere sympathy to all of Laura's classmates and friends, and join with them in mourning her tragic and untimely passing."

Ari Savitzky '06, the 2006 Class Board co-president, could not say whether Kavazanjian's death would affect reunion plans for the weekend. He said an email would be sent to alums this evening to address the death.

Reidy was transported to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital in New London, Conn., with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Journal.