President Christina Paxson announced the selection of Kimberly Roskiewicz, former associate dean for operations at Princeton's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, as assistant to the president in a news release Aug. 10.

Roskiewicz, who worked closely with Paxson at Princeton, began her new role Aug. 27. Her responsibilities as Paxson's assistant will involve advising Paxson, handling many of her communications, standing in for the president at University functions, coordinating with senior University officials to implement high-level decisions and overseeing Paxson's office staff and schedule, according to the release.

Roskiewicz said she played a similar role with Paxson "on a smaller scale" while at Princeton and knew Paxson throughout the almost 10 years Roskiewicz spent there. She called her new position at Brown "a tremendous opportunity," adding that it is currently "an exciting time" to be at Brown.

Roskiewicz said her responsibilities at Princeton were "more operationally focused," but at Brown, she will be more involved in "bigger picture" aspects of the University, including serving as a liaison between Paxson and the Brown community. "I had limited interaction with students," she said of her role at Princeton. "I'm looking forward to that aspect of the president's office."

Roskiewicz graduated from the University of Rochester in 1993 and earned master's degrees in public health and business administration from Boston University. During the decade she spent at the Woodrow Wilson School, Roskiewicz oversaw administrative functions of the school, such as facilities, finance, human resources and information technology. Her husband, Ed, was an associate head coach of Princeton's cross country and track and field teams. They have two daughters and are moving to Barrington, according to the news release.

Paxson was formerly the dean of Princeton's renowned Woodrow Wilson School, where she ended selective admission and overhauled the school's curriculum.

An earlier version of this article appeared online Aug. 9.