A pipe burst in the Verney-Woolley Dining Hall Friday, closing the facility before lunchtime for the rest of the day. The cause of the leak was still unclear as of Sunday, but the V-Dub will reopen today, wrote Ann Hoffman, director of administration and human resources for Brown Dining Services in an email to The Herald.

The University did not underestimate the importance of Chicken Finger Friday, and measures were taken to transport chicken fingers from the V-Dub to the Sharpe Refectory. Ratty cashier Gail McCarthy said  extra hands were brought from the V-Dub to the Ratty to transport the chicken fingers and help with the increased student traffic.

"I am not a frequent V-Dub chicken finger goer, but I thought it was nice for the Ratty to replicate the V-Dub experience," said Amelia Grant-Alfieri '15.

But some devoted chicken finger consumers were more affected.

"It was a roller coaster of emotions," said Angela Ramponi '15. "Initial disappointment that Chicken Finger Friday was off, then joy when Gail said there were three lines serving chicken fingers, and then disappointment again when the chicken fingers really weren't up to their normal V-Dub standard."

Other students viewed the situation as a chance to expand the usual chicken finger offerings. "They should always have Chicken Finger Friday at the Ratty!" said Yongha Kim '15.