Brown Students for Justice in Palestine: ‘Academic freedom’ in an unfree world

Guest Columnists
Thursday, February 13, 2014

In December of last year, members of the American Studies Association voted to endorse a boycott of Israeli academic institutions by a 2-1 margin. The statement noted, “the resolution is in solidarity with scholars and students deprived of their academic freedom, and it aspires to enlarge that freedom for all, including Palestinians.” Opposition to this resolution illustrates how universities refuse to oppose injustices using rhetoric of “academic freedom.”

This boycott is part of a growing movement for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions of Israel — called for by Palestinian civil society — to exert economic and political pressure on Israel until it complies with international law. The ASA is not the first to sign on to the academic boycott of Israel. It is joining a group of organizations such as the Association for Asian American Studies and the Native American and Indigenous Studies Association in refusing to be complicit in the ideological and material defense of the occupation fostered by Israeli academic institutions.  Israeli universities have direct ties to the Israeli military, play a critical role in providing research that supports the occupation and some are located on illegally seized land. No major Israeli university has yet denounced the growing and continuous occupation of Palestinian land, which has been globally condemned for violating international law.

The aim of the academic boycott is to put pressure on Israeli universities that play a central role in the maintenance of a settler-colonial project in Palestine based on ethno-racial supremacy. The ASA’s resolution is, at its very core, a statement of support for Palestinian students and scholars who face tremendous obstacles in accessing education.  Schools and universities in the occupied Palestinian territories are frequently closed by Israeli military orders and have been destroyed by Israeli military strikes.  Palestinian students and faculty members face violations of their right to mobility due to the extensive system of checkpoints, where they face not only hours of delays but also harassment.  Israel has frequently denied visas to Palestinian students to travel abroad to study or attend conferences. Students in Gaza have also been barred from studying in the West Bank since 2000. Israel’s continued blockade of Gaza deprives its inhabitants of access not only to food, fuel and medicines but also textbooks and school supplies.

Israeli universities’ institutional support of the occupation means that they are actively involved in producing these realities.

The ASA boycott has been widely misunderstood. It is a refusal to enter formal collaborations with Israeli academic institutions and academics who are serving on behalf of the Israeli government. It is not binding for its members. It does not target any individual scholars affiliated with Israeli universities nor does it discriminate against scholars based on citizenship or political and ideological viewpoints.

Yet opponents of the ASA boycott have overwhelmingly adopted a rhetoric of “academic freedom.” On December 23, President Christina Paxson joined many university presidents in denouncing academic boycotts in general, stating that they were “antithetical to open scholarly exchange and would inhibit the advancement of knowledge and discovery.”

But what kind of freedom should we be talking about? Through the academic boycott, the ASA, the AASA and the NAISA stand in support of the freedoms and rights of Palestinians living under occupation. Critics of the ASA ignore the role of boycotts in challenging Israel’s everyday suppression of education for Palestinian scholars, students and universities. To frame these actions as the silencing of scholarly exchange is to cynically and disingenuously deploy the notion of academic freedom to advance its very denial.

Critics like Paxson illustrate that the voices of a select few are protected at universities. It should come as no surprise that those in power are consistently defending the freedoms of the oppressors. Only last fall, the president threatened disciplinary action against students who protested a public lecture by New York Police Department commissioner Ray Kelly, the chief architect of New York City’s unconstitutional and discriminatory stop-and-frisk policies. She denounced the action as “antithetical” to the “free exchange of ideas.”

It is ironic that the defense of academic freedom by the critics of the ASA has taken the form of the criminalization of dissent in universities. Earlier this month, the “Protect Academic Freedom Act” was introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives, seeking to deny federal funds to any academic institutions that support the BDS movement.  If the bill passes, universities in the United States will be in the company of those in Israel, where support for BDS was criminalized in 2011.

By supporting the academic boycott, the ASA and other associations remind all of us that the “free exchange of ideas” at universities is never separate from their political contexts.  Academic institutions around the world must work to use their powerful role as privileged centers of knowledge production to reject, rather than maintain, an oppressive status quo.

To shield universities, Israeli or otherwise, from the outcomes of their activities with misleading claims of “academic freedom” is to say that only the freedoms of a few actually matter.  We are only free to support the status quo, even when it is the illegal and unjust colonization of an entire people.

What kind of free is that?

Brown Students for Justice in Palestine can be reached at brownusjp@gmail.com.

• mxm123

Peter Beinart in Haaretz (an Israeli newspaper)

“To use the language of democracy to defend Israeli policy in the West Bank is linguistic fraud. Such fraud is necessary because to honestly defend the denial of democratic rights, for 46 years, to millions of people because they happen to be Palestinians and not Jews, would require language too coarse for the Upper West Side. It’s an old story. “Things like the continuance of British rule in India,” Orwell wrote almost seventy years ago, “can indeed be defended, but only by arguments which are too brutal for most people to face, and which do not square with the professed aims of the political parties. Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.”

It is this culture of euphemism – a culture which has corrupted Jewish America for decades – that Rabbis Roly Matalon and Felicia Sol are refusing to oblige. That’s why their behavior is so threatening. In the American Jewish world today, honest speech would constitute a revolution. Were all the rabbis and Jewish professionals who privately agree with Matalon and Sol to say so publicly, the communal foundation upon which AIPAC rests would crumble.”

• Arafat

Wait a minute. The West Bank Palestinians elected Moamad Abbas ten years ago.

Small problem, though…like so many other corrupt Muslim leaders he decided to throw the Palestinian Constitution in the trash can. In short, he has been prime minister illegally the last six years. He was never re-elected!

Why can’t Palestinians find a politician who will lead then instead of steal from them?

I mean even the founder of Fatah (Yasser Arafat) stole hundreds of millions of dollars from the people he “cared” so much about.

Why can’t the Palestinians even figure out the basics of democratic leadership? Is it because they devote all their time and energy blaming Israel instead of trying to do something constructive for themselves?

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

What’s your point?!?
        Your ‘blame the victim’ mentality is weak.
        The racist government policies of the Zionist-nazsis are the main cause for the suffering of Palestinians; especially those under military occupation in the West Bank, the Palestinians under siege in the Gaza Strip, those in the worldwide diaspora.
        Stealing other people’s land is not right, and neither is bulldozing homes, burning down olive groves, racist laws, discrimination, target killings, massacres, etc.

• Arafat

My point is to try to engage in reasoned dialogue without outlandish and unfair generalizations which is your wont.
          The problem with my approach is people like you for whom reasoned discourse is anathema. Everything you accuse me of doing is actually what you do, but you are too dug-in to even realize it.
          Let me guess…time for more blather, slander and unfounded accusations from BSWS.

• dcomplex

BTW ! Arafat, I got the quote a little bit wrong: In a secret bulletin intercepted by OSS agents in Cairo, Al-Banna said of Husseini, “What a hero, what a miracle of a man. Yes, this hero who challenged an empire and fought Zionism, with the help of Hitler and Germany. Germany and Hitler are gone, but Amin Al-Husseini will continue the struggle.”

• Arafat

dcomplex,

Here are some additional quotes you will find of interest.

…………….

The following two quotes come from the 3/19/13 issue of the Palestinian Daily:

“Had Hitler won, Nazism would be an honor that people would
            be competing to belong to, and not a disgrace punishable by law.”

And,

“Churchill and Roosevelt were alcoholics, and in their youth
            were questioned more than once about brawls they started in bars, while Hitler hated alcohol and was not addicted to it. He used to go to sleep early and wake up early, and was very organized. These facts have been turned upside down as
            well, and Satan has been dressed with angels’ wings.”

……………….

And this is what Hitler had to say:

‘The only religion I respect is Islam. The only prophet I admire is the Prophet Muhammad.’

• dcomplex

If you read the books I mentioned (I have the PDFs if ya want), there was a somewhat successful attempt to convince the Shiites that Hitler was the Mahdi, lol. It is also mentioned in the talk I mentioned. If you want links to the PDFs, contact me on twitter @NegiJew

• Arafat

Check out the following websites:

* Religion of Peace (check out the tabs at the top of the site for a lot of historical information as well as an understanding of Islamic core values.

* Gatestone Institute

* JihadWatch.org

These sites will expose you to an Islam that our politicians main-stream media and teachers are afraid to address for fear they become the next Salman Rushdie.

• dcomplex

I follow all of those =). Have you watched any of the talks by Mordechai Kedar?

Also, I really like Eugene Kontorovich’s talks on youtube. They are hilarious and informative. There is also a talk by him on Vimeo where he smacks down a hostile audience member: http://vimeo.com/m/62677576

• Arafat

I’m not familiar with either man. Thanks for the intro!

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Are u ready to go all the way with chex mex dcomplex? You can wait til his mommy leaves to use the couch. Same sex marriage is legal in some places you know.

You could both combine your hasbara propaganda checks and build your own communist kibbutz while spewing all kinds of curses at Christian cemeteries on your apartheid roads….all at the expense of Palestinian shephards and olive farmers.

• dcomplex

What planet do you come from? You’re a rabid antisemite. What does Zionism have to do with cursing Christian cemeteries?!

• Arafat

Your maturity shines through with each of your comments.
            It’s people with character – maturity, wisdom and compassion – likes yours who help make the world what it is.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

You just listed a bunch of racist websites jerk face.

Come back with some quality next time instead of your israeli hasbara propaganda.

• dcomplex

Racist websites? Because they note that Islam and Islamism are a threat to western civilization?

• Amerika

Goldman Sachs, not Islam, is a Threat to Western Civilization.

The Vampire Squid Strikes Again: The Mega Banks’ Most Devious Scam Yet

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-vampire-squid-strikes-again-the-mega-banks-most-devious-scam-yet-20140212#ixzz2tYe5w9DY

• Amerika

The Rabbi Who Found Messiah: Yitzhak Kaduri

ירים העם ויוכיח שדברו ותורתו עומדים

WASHINGTON – He was, without doubt, the most venerated rabbi in Israel at the age of 10.

Some 250,000 marched in his funeral procession after his death in 2007.

But when Yitzhak Kaduri’s much-anticipated letter announcing the name of the Messiah he claimed to have encountered was unsealed a year after his death, the Israeli press and world media that found him so quotable in life ignored it.

And what was the name of the Messiah whom Kaduri met after years of praying and fasting? It was Yehoshua – the formal name for Yeshua, or Jesus in the Greek.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/23877/Default.aspx

• dcomplex

Yehoshua means Joshua, like Yehoshua bin Nun.. In the Talmud, the name used in the disparaging hypotheses about Jesus is Yeshu.

Not that I believe in a god, but I don’t see why this is interesting. If you read about Yochanan Kohen-Gadol (The high priest Jochanan), he served for 80 years before becoming a Min (roughly a heretic). The Talmudic tradition is that any unworthy high priest would be slain by the Shechina in the Kodesh HaKodashim, and the story is told so that people realize that even a great Tzaddik can be lead astray.

• Voltaire

SENECA (Lucius Annaeus Seneca). First century Roman philosopher. “The customs of that most criminal nation have gained such strength that they have now been received in all lands. The conquered have given laws to the conquerors.” (De Superstitione)

BERNARDINO OF FELTRO. 15th century Italian priest. A mild man who extolled patience and charity in normal circumstances, he described himself as a “barking dog” when dealing with Jews: “Jewish usurers bleed the poor to death and grow fat on their substance, and I who live on alms, who feed on the bread of the poor, shall I then be mute before outraged charity? Dogs bark to protect those who feed them, and I, who am feed by the poor, shall I see them robbed of what belongs to them and keep silent?” (E. Flornoy, Le Bienbeureux Bernardin the Feltre)

JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. –

MARTIN LUTHER, Table Talk of Martin Luther, translated by William Hazlet, page 43 “But the Jews are so hardened that they listen to nothing; though overcome by testimonies they yield not an inch. It is a pernicious race, oppressing all men by their usury and rapine. If they give a prince or magistrate a thousand florins, they extort twenty thousand from the subjects in payment. We must ever keep on guard against them.”

MARIA THERESA, Queen of Hungary and Bohemia (1771 – 1789) “Henceforth no Jew, no matter under what name, will be allowed to remain here without my written permission. I know of no other troublesome pest within the state than this race, which impoverished the people by their fraud, usury and money-lending and commits all deeds which an honorable man despises. Subsequently they have to be removed and excluded from here as much as possible.”

CAPOTE, TRUMAN. 20th century American writer. In an interview, he assailed “the Zionist mafia” monopolizing publishing today, and protested a tendency to suppress things that do not meet with Jewish approval. (Playboy magazine, March 1968)

FITZGERALD, F. SCOTT. 20th century American novelist. “Down a tall busy street he read a dozen Jewish names on a line of stores; in the door of each stood a dark little man watching the passers from intent eyes — eyes gleaming with suspicion, with pride, with clarity, with cupidity, with comprehension. New York — he could not dissociate it from the slow, upward creep of this people — the little stores, growing, expanding, consolidating, moving, watched over with hawks’ eyes and a bee’s attention to detail – they [were Jews.]

EMERSON, RALPH WALDO. 19th century American philosopher, poet. “The sufferance which is the badge of the Jew has made him, in these days, the ruler of the rulers of the earth. (Fate an essay)

• dcomplex

Europe: Hating Jews since time immemorial.

• Voltaire

7 And the LORD spoke unto Moses: ‘Go, get thee down; for thy
            people, that thou broughtest up out of the land of Egypt, have dealt corruptly; they have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them; they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed unto it, and said: This is thy god, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.’

And the LORD said unto Moses: ‘I have seen this people, and,
            behold, it is a stiffnecked people. Now therefore let Me alone, that My wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them; and I will make of thee a great nation.’ [Exodus 32]

Israelites: Angering God since time immemorial.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

What’s your point?

It’s amazing how Zionists first call all those who are critical of israel anti-semites (even John Kerry!! although Israel, in no way, represents world Jewry),
            And
            Now go the aipac/George bush2 route of implying that their is a major conflict against the Western world and Mislims.

You my friend are an islamophobic racist that unconditionally supports the racist apartheid policies of Israhell.

Americans shouldn’t have to spend our hard earned paychecks on religious fanatical racism in Palestine. SHAME ON YOU.

• dcomplex

No no. You said something antisemitic. It was not antizionist. You took a libel about Jews and then just replaced the word “Jew” with “Zionist”. It doesn’t make sense otherwise. Why would Zionists curse when they see churches? Zionism is the movement to form an independent Jewish polity and nation-state to escape antisemitism and be able to provide Jews with an Army for self defense..

• Voltaire

“The Palestinians are like crocodiles, the more you give them
            meat, they want more”…. Ehud Barak, Prime Minister of Israel
            at the time – August 28, 2000. Reported in the Jerusalem Post August 30, 2000.

(The Palestinians are) beasts walking on two legs.” Menahim
            Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, “Begin and the Beasts”. New Statesman, 25 June 1982.

* “The Palestinians” would be crushed like grasshoppers
            … heads smashed against the boulders and walls.” ”
            Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers
            New York Times April 1, 1988.

* “When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able
            to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle.” Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence
            Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

* “How can we return the occupied territories? There is
            nobody to return them to.” Golda Maier, March 8, 1969.

• dcomplex

I agree with all of those, but the Menachem Begin one is fake. Begin was talking about the Palestinian Arabs who murder Jewish children.

Also most of the quotes are not correct. Here is the grasshopper one:

http://www.jta.org/2011/05/06/news-opinion/the-telegraph/andrew-sullivan-owes-yitzhak-shamir-an-apology

I totally support taking a tough approach to the Palestinian Arabs. We should crush their will to resist until they surrender unconditionally. Cut off water, electricity, food, and aid and crush their will to keep fighting. It is about time Isral to take off the kid gloves.

• TheJuice

Hm… so a two-state solution is not an option, right? 😉

Guess there’s only one solution after all….

• dcomplex

For topographical reasons, there cannot be an Arab state on the commanding heights overlooking Israel’s primary population cluster. Israel must retain freedom of action in the highlands to prevent what happens in Sderot from happening in Tel Aviv. If the topography were not so strategic, it might be possible, but the answer is compensated transfer. If the difference in power were reversed, we know what the Arabs would do, and it would definitely not be compensated.

• Arafat

You’re modifying Hamas when you mention “religious fanaticism”?

• Voltaire

Right on. It pains me to see World Jewry represented by Zionist fanatics like ararat and dcomplex. I’m beginning to think they work for AIPAC.

For a more balanced picture of authentic, peace-loving, non-fanatical representatives of World Jewry, here are some links:

Genetic tests carried out by British scientists have revealed that many of the Lemba tribesmen in southern Africa have Jewish origins, according to a report by the BBC.http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/news/9096/lemba_tribe_in_southern_africa_has_jewish_roots_genetic_tests_reveal

Geneticists at an Israeli hospital said they have found a unique Jewish genetic mutation among an American Indian tribe, indicating that they are descendants of Jews expelled from Spain 600 years ago

http://www.vosizneias.com/107039/2012/05/30/israel-researchers-find-american-indians-with-jewish-genetic-markers/

Sephardi Jews (Hebrew: סְפָרַדִּי, Modern Sfaraddi Tiberian Səp̄āraddî) is a general term referring to the descendants of Jewish settlers who trace their origins to the Israelite tribes of the Middle East, who lived in the Iberian Peninsula until their expulsion in 1492 under the Alhambra Decree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephardi_Jews

Plus, for fun, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s vitriolic attacks on the Jewish world hide an astonishing secret, evidence uncovered by The Daily Telegraph shows.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/6256173/Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-revealed-to-have-Jewish-past.html

Jews – can’t live with ’em, can’t live without ’em. =P

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

There’s no such thing as ‘the Palestinian Daily’
            You are a liar racist.

Post an actual link.
            Maybe dcomplex’s jizz is clouding your vision

• Discourse

“Jizz is clouding your vision”?

Grow up.

http://paper.li/tag/palestine

• peepsqueek

Balfour was one of the first to recognize that the Jews needed a homeland. You do not appear to realize that all these independent Arab States are mainly due to the great sacrifices made by the Allied and Associated Powers in World War I and, secondly, that, insofar as the Balfour Declaration helped to bring about the Allies’ victory, it helped to bring about the emancipation of all the Arab countries from Turkish rule. If the Turks and their German allies had won the War, it is improbable that all the Arab countries, except Palestine, would have become independent states.

• Ariel Sharon

BTW! dcomplex:

Zionist responsibility for the Holocaust is threefold.
            a. The Holocaust was a punishment for disrespecting The Three Oaths (see Talmud, Tractate Kesubos p. 111a).
            b. Zionist leaders openly withheld support, both financially and otherwise, to save their fellow brothers and sisters from a cruel death.
            c. The leaders of the Zionist movement cooperated with Hitler and his cohorts on many occasions and in many ways.

“No Shame”

President Roosevelt convened the Evian conference July 6-15 1938, to deal with the Jewish refugee problem. The Jewish Agency delegation headed by Golda Meir (Meirson) ignored a German offer to allow Jews to emigrate to other countries for $250 a head, and the Zionists made no effort to influence the United States and the 32 other countries attending the conference to allow immigration of German and Austrian Jews.
            [Source]

On Feb 1, 1940 Henry Montor executive vice-President of the United Jewish Appeal refused to intervene for a shipload of Jewish refugees stranded on the Danube river, stating that “Palestine cannot be flooded with… old people or with undesirables.”
            [Source]

It is an historical fact that in 1941 and again in 1942, the German Gestapo offered all European Jews transit to Spain, if they would relinquish all their property in Germany and Occupied France; on condition that:
            a) none of the deportees travel from Spain to Palestine; and
            b) all the deportees be transported from Spain to the USA or British colonies, and there to remain; with entry visas to be arranged by the Jews living there; and
            c) $1000.00 ransom for each family to be furnished by the Agency, payable upon the arrival of the family at the Spanish border at the rate of 1000 families daily.

The Zionist leaders in Switzerland and Turkey received this offer with the clear understanding that the exclusion of Palestine as a destination for the deportees was based on an agreement between the Gestapo and the Mufti.

The answer of the Zionist leaders was negative, with the following comments:
            a) ONLY Palestine would be considered as a destination for the deportees.
            b) The European Jews must accede to suffering and death greater in measure than the other nations, in order that the victorious allies agree to a “Jewish State” at the end of the war.
            c) No ransom will be paid
            This response to the Gestapo’s offer was made with the full knowledge that the alternative to this offer was the gas chamber.

These treacherous Zionist leaders betrayed their own flesh and blood. Zionism was never an option for Jewish salvation. Quite the opposite, it was a formula for human beings to be used as pawns for the power trip of several desperadoes. A perfidy! A betrayal beyond description!

In 1944, at the time of the Hungarian deportations, a similar offer was made, whereby all Hungarian Jewry could be saved. The same Zionist hierarchy again refused this offer (after the gas chambers had already taken a toll of millions).

The British government granted visas to 300 rabbis and their families to the Colony of Mauritius, with passage for the evacuees through Turkey. The “Jewish Agency” leaders sabotaged this plan with the observation that the plan was disloyal to Palestine, and the 300 rabbis and their families should be gassed.

On December 17, 1942 both houses of the British Parliament declared its readiness to find temporary refuge for endagered persons. The British Parliament proposed to evacuate 500,000 Jews from Europe, and resettle them in British colonies, as a part of diplomatic negotiations with Germany. This motion received within two weeks a total of 277 Parliamentary signatures. On Jan. 27, when the next steps were being pursued by over 100 M.P.’s and Lords, a spokesman for the Zionists announced that the Jews would oppose the motion because Palestine was ommitted.
            [Source]

On Feb. 16, 1943 Roumania offered 70,000 Jewish refugees of the Trans-Dniestria to leave at the cost of $50 each. This was publicized in the New York papers.
            Yitzhak Greenbaum, Chairman of the Rescue Committee of the Jewish Agency, addressing the Zionist Executive Council in Tel Aviv Feb. 18 1943 said, “when they asked me, “couldn’t you give money out of the United Jewish Appeal funds for the rescue of Jews in Europe, I said NO! and I say again, NO!…one should resist this wave which pushes the Zionist activities to secondary importance.”
            On Feb. 24, 1943 Stephen Wise, President of the American Jewish Congress and leader of the American Zionists issued a public refusal to this offer and declared no collection of funds would seem justified.
            In 1944, the Emergency Committee to Save the Jewish People called upon the American government to establish a War Refugee Board. Stephen Wise testifying before a special committeeof Congress objected to this proposal.
            [Source]

During the course of the negotiations mentioned above, Chaim Weizman, the first “Jewish statesman” stated: “The most valuable part of the Jewish nation is already in Palestine, and those Jews living outside Palestine are not too important”. Weizman’s cohort, Greenbaum, amplified this statement with the observation “One cow in Palestine is worth more than all the Jews in Europe”.

And then, after the bitterest episode in Jewish history, these Zionist “statesmen” lured the broken refugees in the DP camps to remain in hunger and deprivation, and to refuse relocation to any place but Palestine; only for the purpose of building their State.

In 1947 Congressman William Stration sponsored a bill to immediately grant entry to the United States of 400,000 displaced persons. The bill was not passed after it was publicly denounced by the Zionist leadership.
            [Source]

These facts are read with consternation and unbearable shame. How can it be explained that at a time during the last phase of the war, when the Nazis were willing to barter Jews for money, partly because of their desires to establish contact with the Western powers which, they believed, were under Jewish influence, how was it possible one asks that the self-proclaimed “Jewish leaders” did not move heaven and earth to save the last remnant of their brothers?

On Feb. 23, 1956 the Hon. J. W. Pickersgill, Minister for Immigration was asked in the Canadian House of Commons “would he open the doors of Canada to Jewish refugees”. He replied “the government has made no progress in that direction because the government of Israel….does not wish us to do so”.
            [Source]

In 1972, the Zionist leadership successfully opposed an effort in the United States Congress to allow 20,000-30,000 Russian refugees to enter the United States.
            Jewish relief organizations, Joint and HIAS, were being pressured to abandon these refugees in Vienna, Rome and other Europiean cities.
            [Source]

The pattern is clear!!! Humanitarian rescue efforts are subverted to narrow Zionist interests.

There were many more shocking crimes committed by these abject degenerates known as “Jewish statesmen”, we could list many more example, but for the time being let anyone produce a valid excuse for the above facts.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

You forgot to mention the HAAVARA agreement of the 1930s. Hitler and the Zionists had a common goal of getting Euro Jews out.
            Why do Palestinians have to continue to suffer because pale stale males can’t get along?

• dcomplex

There was not only one Zionist movement. The revisionists and Betar attempted to evacuate Jews from occupied Europe, but the Jewish establishment (in both America and Mandate Palestine) actively sabotaged their efforts for petty political reasons.

Stephen Wise actively prevented efforts by these groups because he thought they were “too right wing”. Similarly, Ben Gurion, Weizmann, and the leadership of the mainstream Zionist movement opposed Jabotinsky’s evacuation plan for petty political reasons. There is an interview with Israel Eldad of LEHI on YouTube where he talks about this.

Also look up Hillel Kook, who was a Betar activist that Stephen Wise blocked from appealing to Roosevelt. Wise was really a nasty character.

Anyway, it is not fair to blame everything on “Zionism”, and I don’t appreciate your trying to defame all of the Zionists as though they were all in agreement.

Moreover, some of the things you mentioned lack context and understanding of the situation.

• Amerika

“Providence has ordained that I should be the greatest liberator of humanity. I am freeing man from the restraints of an intelligence that has taken charge, from the dirty and degrading self-mortification of a false vision called conscience and morality, and from the demands of a freedom and independence which only a very few can bear.”
            – Rauschning, Hitler Speaks, p. 222

• dcomplex

Israel would have accepted a true democratic state on both sides of the Jordan river before world war II if Jabotinsky’s plan to evacuate Poland and Lithuania had been executed. However, the Arabs rejected the mandate and instead instituted a reign of terror followed by close collaboration with the nazis.

The Arabs were ready to exterminate the Jews with the help of Walter Rauff’s Einsatzgruppe operating in north africa (in the wake of Rommel’s forces). It was only the British victory at El Alamein that saved the Jewish people who had taken refuge in Palestine. When the Mufti Amin El-Husseini returned to Cairo after escaping prosecution at the Nuremburg tribunals, Hassan Al-Banna famously said “Oh what a man, what a hero. Hitler may be gone, but Amin El-Husseini has returned to continue his struggle”.

This is all shown quite nicely in the book “Nazi Palestine” by the two German historians Mallmann and Cüppers based on archival evidence. There is also a good documentary called Turban and Swastika that you can watch on youtube.

The Palestinian Arabs must be held down in order to prevent another attempt to kill Jews for being Jews.

• Kubrick

The Jews are the only people in the world who have found hostility in every country in which they settled in any numbers. The big question is — WHY?

http://lesmaterialistes.com/english/antisemitism-reactionary-weapon-against-dialectical-materialism

“Hitler was right about almost everything” – Stanley Kubrick

• dcomplex

There are several reasons why most places the Jews went were hostile. In Christian countries, they were held responsible for deicide, and in Muslim countries, they were kept in a dhimmi status and sometimes attacked if they rose above their Muslim neighbors.

They were accepted in India, however!

• Kubrick

Jewish identity in the past has been locked into the holocaust experience — a German burden that the Jews have not been able to shed. It is a very good example of a community can overplay a historic experience to the point that it begins to repulse friends. The holocaust was the result of the warped mind of an individual who was able to influence his followers into doing something dreadful. But, it seems to me the Jews today not only want the Germans to feel guilty but the whole world must regret what happened to the Jews. The world did feel sorry for the episode but when an individual or a nation refuses to forgive and move on the regret turns into anger.

The Jewish identity in the future appears bleak. Any nation that remains anchored to the past is unable to move ahead and, especially a nation that believes its survival can only be ensured by weapons and bombs. In Tel Aviv in 2004 I had the opportunity to speak to some Members of Parliament and Peace activists all of whom argued that the wall and the military build-up was necessary to protect the nation and the people. In other words, I asked, you believe that you can create a snake pit — with many deadly snakes in it — and expect to live in the pit secure and alive? What do you mean? they countered. Well, with your superior weapons and armaments and your attitude towards your neighbors would it not be right to say that you are creating a snake pit? How can anyone live peacefully in such an atmosphere? Would it not be better to befriend those who hate you? Can you not reach out and share your technological advancement with your neighbors and build a relationship?

Apparently, in the modern world, so determined to live by the bomb, this is an alien concept. You don’t befriend anyone, you dominate them. We have created a culture of violence (Israel and the Jews are the biggest players) and that Culture of Violence is eventually going to destroy humanity.” – Mahatma Gandhi

• dcomplex

Gandhi suggested that the Jews of Europe lay down and die. The enemies of the Jewish people and the Jewish state demand nothing less than complete destruction.

The point of Zionism is that we choose life. Jabotinsky described this in 1940:

[T]here is still time ahead of us for changes to come in; there are still immense probabilities for quite decisive changes. One need not name them: enough to say that God’s box of tricks is by far not emptied yet. This is why my belief in the ultimate defeat of the rattlesnake is not shattered—provided we all remember the principle by which all great nations live and without which they die, the principle which is the secret of our own Jewish people’s survival through all these centuries of torture: No Surrender.

So with respect to your suggestions, Jabotinsky said it best in 1923:

This sort of thing is not morality, it is twaddle. Human society is built up on the basis of mutual advantage. If you take away the mutual principle right becomes a falsehood. Each man who passes my window in the street has a right to live only in so far as he recognises my right to live; but if he is determined to kill me, I cannot admit that he has any right to live. And that is true also of nations. Otherwise, the world would become a jungle of wild beasts, where not only the weak, but also those who have any scrap of feeling would be exterminated.

• dcomplex

Also, modern antisemitism arose as a political instrument that could be used to organize groups of people with very different political perspectives. Jews are an affront to blood-and-soil nationalism, their historical association wirh moneylending made them convenient scapegoats for economic trouble, their insistence on eatjng separately and tendency toward endogamy makes then seem misanthropic, their association with the god of the bible makes them targets of anticlericalists and leftists, and their insistence on particularity is a thorn in the side of marxists, their high levels of professional and academic excellence make them targets of the less talented, etc.

Proudhon wrote in his diary in the mid 19th century:
            Write an article against this race [Jews] that poisons everything by sticking its nose into everything without ever mixing with any other people. Demand its expulsion from France with the exception of those individuals married to French women. Abolish synagogues and not admit them to any employment. Finally, pursue the abolition of this religion. It’s not without cause that the Christians called them deicide. The Jew is the enemy of humankind. They must be sent back to Asia or be exterminated. By steel or by fire or by expulsion the Jew must disappear.

Maurras also described how antisemitism smooths over and simplifies everything, and that if one were not an antisemite by patriotic conviction, one would be one out of sheer expediency.

• Amerika

LUTHER, MARTIN. 16th century German religious reformer. “They are the real liars and bloodhounds, who have not only perverted and falsified the entire Scriptures from beginning to end and without ceasing with their interpretations. And all of the anxious sighing, longing and hoping of their hearts is directed to the time when some day they would like to deal with us heathen as they dealt with the heathen in Persia at the time of Esther . . . On how they love the book of Esther, which so nicely agrees with their bloodthirsty, revengeful and murderous desire and hope.

1). The sun never did shine on a more bloodthirsty and revengeful people as they, who imagine to be the people of God, and who desire to and think they must murder and crush the heathen. And the foremost undertaking which they expect of their Messiah is that he should slay and murder the whole world with the sword. As they at first demonstrated against us Christians and would like to do now, if they only could; have also tried it often and have been repeatedly struck on their snouts . . . Their breath stinks for the gold and silver of the heathen; since no people under the sun always have been, still are, and always will remain more avaricious than they, as can be noticed in their cursed usury. They also find comfort with this: “When the Messiah comes, He shall take all the gold and silver in the world and distribute it among the Jews.

2). Thus, wherever they can direct Scripture to their insatiable avarice, they wickedly do so. Therefore know, my dear Christians, that next to the Devil, you have no more bitter, more poisonous, more vehement and enemy than a real Jew who earnestly desires to be a Jew. There may be some among them who believe what the cow or the goose believes. But all of them are surrounded with their blood and circumcision. In history, therefore, they are often accused of poisoning wells, stealing children and mutilating them; as in Trent, Weszensee and the like. Of course they deny this. Be it so or not, however, I know full well that the ready will is not lacking with them if they could only transform it into deeds, in secret or openly.

3). A person who does not know the Devil, might wonder why they are so at enmity with the Christians above all others; for which they have no reason, since we only do good to them. They live among us in our homes, under our protection, use land and highways, market and streets. Princes and government sit by, snore and have their maws open, let the Jews take from their purse and chest, steal and rob whatever they will. That is, they permit themselves and their subjects to be abused and sucked dry and reduced to beggars with their own money, through the usury of the Jews. For the Jews, as foreigners, certainly should have nothing from us; and what they have certainly must be ours. They do not work, do not earn anything from us, neither do we donate or give it to them. Yet they have our money and goods and are lords in our land where they are supposed to be in exile! If a thief steals ten gulden he must hang; if he robs people on the highway, his head is gone. But a Jew, when he steals ten tons of gold through his usury is dearer than God himself! Do not their TALMUD and rabbis write that it is no sin to kill if a Jew kills a heathen, but it is a sin if he kills a brother in Israel? It is no sin if he does not keep his oath to a heathen. Therefore, to steal and rob (as they do with their moneylending) from a heathen, is a divine service . . . And they are the masters of the world and we are their servants — yea, their cattle! I maintain that in three fables of Aesop there is more wisdom to be found than in all the books of the Talmudists and rabbis and more than ever could come into the hearts of the Jews . . . Should someone think I am saying too much — I am saying much too little! For I see in [their] writings how they curse us Goyim and wish as all evil in their schools and prayers. They rob us of our money through usury, and wherever they are able, they play us all manner of mean tricks . . . No heathen has done such things and none would to so except the Devil himself and those whom he possesses — as he possesses the Jews. Burgensis, who was a very learned rabbi among them and by the grace of God became a Christian (which seldom occurs), is much moved that in their schools they so horribly curse us Christians (as Lyra also writes) and from that draws the conclusion that they must not be the people of God. Now behold what a nice, thick, fat lie it is when they complain about being captives among us! Jerusalem was destroyed more than 1,400 years ago during that time we Christians have been tortured and persecuted by the Jews in all the world. On top of that, we do not know to this day what Devil brought them into our country. We did not fetch them from Jerusalem! . . . Yes, we have and hold them captive, as I would like to keep my rheumatism, and all other diseases and misfortunes, who must wait as a poor servant, with money and property and everything I have! I wish they were in Jerusalem with the other Jews and whomsoever they would like to have with them.

Now what are we going to do with these rejected, condemned Jewish people? . . . Let us apply the ordinary wisdom of other nations like France, Spain, Bohemia, et al., who made them give an account of what they had stolen through usury, and divided it evenly; but expelled them from their country. For as heard before, God’s wrath is so great over them that through soft mercy they only become more wicked, through hard treatment, however, only a little better. Therefore, away with them! How much more unbearable it is that we should permit the entire Christendom and all of us to be bought with our own money, be slandered and cursed by the Jews, who on top of all that be made rich and our lords, who laugh us to scorn and are tickled by their audacity! What a joyful affair that would be for the Devil and his angels, and cause them to laugh through their snouts like a sow grinning at her little pigs, but deserving real wrath before God. (From THE JEWS AND THEIR LIES) Maybe mild-hearted and gentle Christians will believe that I am too rigorous and drastic against the poor, afflicted Jews, believing that I ridicule them and treat them with much sarcasm. By my word, I am far too weak to be able to ridicule such a satanic brood. I would fain to do so, but they are far greater adepts at mockery than I and possess a god who is master in this art. It is the Evil One himself. Even with no further evidence than the Old Testament, I would maintain, and no person on earth could alter my opinion, that the Jews as they are today are veritably a mixture of all the depraved and malevolent knaves of the whole world over, who have then been dispersed in all countries, similarly to the Tartars, Gypsies and such folk.”

• peepsqueek

If Stanley Kubrick said it, that should documentation enough to convince the World Court. (sarcasm intended)

• Kubrick

“But my sympathy [with the Jews in Germany] does not blind me to the requirements of justice. The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood? Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. The nobler course would be to insist on a just treatment of the Jews wherever they are born and bred. The Jews born in France are French in precisely the same sense that Christians born in France are French.” – Mahatma Gandhi

• peepsqueek

Israel’s international “birth certificate” was validated by all three ancient Biblical texts; Jewish settlement from the time of Joshua onward; the Balfour Declaration of 1917; the San Remo Resolution of 1920; the League of Nations Mandate, which incorporated the Balfour Declaration; the United Nations partition resolution of 1947; Israel’s admission to the UN in 1949; the recognition of Israel by most other states; and, most of all, the society created by Israel’s people in decades of thriving, dynamic national existence.

How did 22 Arab Countries come into existence? Egyptians were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic.  Syrians were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic, Moroccans were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic, Iraqis were not Arabs not did they speak Arabic, Libya was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic, the Sudan was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic, Tunisia was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic.   Why are they all called Arab Countries, speak Arabic, and belong to the league of Arab Nations, and live under some form of Islamic Sharia, which is from Arabia?  Religious philosophy is one thing, but complete take over is another.

• Amerika

George Washington: “They (the Jews) work more effectively against us, than the enemy’s armies. They are a hundred times more dangerous to our liberties and the great cause we are engaged in… It is much to be lamented that each state, long ago, has not hunted them down as pest to society and the greatest enemies we have to the happiness of America.” 🙂

Benjamin Franklin: “I fully agree with General Washington, that we must protect this young nation from an insidious influence and impenetration. The menace, gentlemen, is the Jews. In whatever country Jews have settled in any great number, they have lowered its moral tone; depreciated its commercial integrity; have segregated themselves and have not been assimilated; have sneered at and tried to undermine the Christian religion upon which that nation is founded, by objecting to its restrictions; have built up a state within the state; and when opposed have tried to strangle that country to death financially, as in the case of Spain and Portugal. For over 1,700 years, the Jews have been bewailing their sad fate in that they have been exiled from their homeland, as they call Palestine. But gentlemen, did the world give it to them in fee simple, they would at once find some reason for not returning. Why? Because they are vampires, and vampires do not live on vampires. They cannot live only among themselves. They must subsist on Christians and other people not of their race. If you do not exclude them from these United States, in their Constitution, in less than 200 years they will have swarmed here in such great numbers that they will dominate and devour the land and change our form of government, for which we Americans have shed our blood, given our lives our substance and jeopardized our liberty. If you do not exclude them, in less than 200 years our descendants will be working in the fields to furnish them substance, while they will be in the counting houses rubbing their hands. I warn you, gentlemen, if you do not exclude Jews for all time, your children will curse you in your graves. Jews, gentlemen, are Asiatics, let them be born where they will nor how many generations they are away from Asia, they will never be otherwise. Their ideas do not conform to an American’s, and will not even thou they live among us ten generations. A leopard cannot change its spots. Jews are Asiatics, are a menace to this country if permitted entrance, and should be excluded by this Constitutional Convention.

• dcomplex

Those are fabrications from neonazi websites. In reality, GW welcomed the first Jewish community and gave a speech at the inauguration of their synagogue.

• Arafat

Let’s pin the tail on the donkey Amerika.
          Amerika,
          The adult Jewish population is approximately 5 million people and yet a Jew hater like you would have us believe they control the world.
          Your logic is only exceeded by your humanity.

• Voltaire

VOLTAIRE (Francois Marie Arouet) 18th century French philosopher, writer. “Why are the Jews hated? It is the inevitable result of their laws; they either have to conquer everybody or be hated by the whole human race . . .” “The Jewish nation dares to display an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations, and revolts against all masters; always superstitious, always greedy for the well-being enjoyed by others, always barbarous — cringing in misfortune and insolent in prosperity.” (Essai sur le Moeurs)

“You seem to me to be the maddest of the lot. The Kaffirs, the Hottentots, and the Negroes of Guinea are much more reasonable and more honest people than your ancestors, the Jews. You have surpassed all nations in impertinent fables in bad conduct and in barbarism. You deserve to be punished, for this is your destiny.” (From a letter to a Jew who had written to him, complaining of his ‘anti-Semitism.’ Examen des Quelques Objections . . . dans L’Essai sur le Moeurs.)

“You will only find in the Jews an ignorant and barbarous people, who for a long time have joined the most sordid avarice to the most detestable superstition and to the most invincible hatred of all peoples which tolerate and enrich them.” (“Juif,” Dictionnaire Philosophique)

“I know that there are some Jews in the English colonies. These marranos go wherever there is money to be made . . . But whether these circumcised who sell old clothes claim that they are of the tribe of Naphtali or Issachar is not of the slightest importance. They are, simply, the biggest scoundrels who have ever dirtied the face of the earth.” (Letter to Jean-Baptiste Nicolas de Lisle de Sales, December 15, 1773. Correspondence. 86:166)

“They are, all of them, born with raging fanaticism in their hearts, just as the Bretons and the Germans are born with blond hair. I would not be in the least bit surprised if these people would not some day become deadly to the human race.” (Lettres de Memmius a Ciceron, 1771)

• dcomplex

Okay, so you’re an antisemite. You’re not the first, and I am confident you won’t be the last. It is revealing that you show up at a BDS related page though.

• Arafat

It’s time to play “Pin the Tail on the Neo-Nazi”.
            Voltaire…You’re pinned.
            Playing to the lowest common denominator is the light of your life. You should be proud of yourself. LOL.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Those who unconditional support the racist policies of Zionism apply the same ‘rational’ thinking as Hitler and his crew.

• dcomplex

Eh, if Hitler were rational, he would have kept the German Jews as part of the economy. They were not constantly attacking german soldiers. The Palestinians are largely supportive of terrorism against civilians, so there is simply no comparison in that aspect. Moreover, Israel is not exterminating anyone, so you are a total idiot

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

This ain’t about people of the Jewish faith moron. This is about racist apartheid policies of Israel. Israel does NOT represent world Jewry.

Your lame attempt at confusing Americans is lame.

Your disgusting unconditional support of racist israel policies is dangerous. Us Americans shouldn’t have to continue to subsidize your support of EVIL. And Palestine should be free. Peace.

• dcomplex

No, I was attacking your comparison to the Nazis, you moron. Israel’s policies toward the Arabs in the territories is justifies by the fact that they are in large part a hostile population of fanatical Jew haters that support terrorism against and murder of the Jewish population of Israel. Something like 50-80 percent of Palestinian Arabs in the territories support suicide bombings and Hamas rocket attacks against civilians. It is unfortunate but true.

On the other hand, the Jewish population of Europe was not actively supporting an insurgency that murdered German civilians.

Finally, your comparison is dumb because Israel is not exterminating the Palestinian Arabs. Capische?

• Arafat

I don’t know. Maybe I’ve just become a cynic, but I’m left wondering whether this isn’t much ado about nothing.

We’re told the “the resolution is in solidarity with scholars and students deprived of
    their academic freedom, and it aspires to enlarge that freedom for all,
    including Palestinians” but I’m left wondering what Muslim country in the world offers a robust, free, liberal, enlightened academic program.

So the founder of the BDS movement went to undergrad and grad school at an Israeli university and then turned against that same university. Words fail me.

But I am left wondering….so the Palestinians have received more international aid per capita than any people on the planet. Their brothers – the Royal Saudi Family, the Royals of Bahrain and Qatar, Kuwait and the UAE have more money than they know what to do with it; so they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on private planes and the like.

You would think with all this hew and cry about access to education that the Palestinians would figure out a way to make it happen, but no, not them. They’re too oppressed, I guess AND too busy teaching their kindergarten children how to wear make- believe suicide belts, and teaching their grade school children how to recite the Quran backwards and forward, leaving no money or energy for real school or education.

Let’s blame Israel instead. It’s easier even if it is a pathetic cop-out.

• @_@

Can you at least change your username occasionally so it feels a tiny bit less redundant? You make the whole experience of looking at comments just ever so much more depressing.

• Arafat

As tiresome as I am to you is how tiresome the fabricated SJP self-pity is to me.

• dcomplex

I laughed because most SJP students are brown

• peepsqueek

At the risk of repeating myself. I ask: How many Islamic Countries are you boycotting for religious apartheid, minority apartheid, gender apartheid, sectarian apartheid, etc?

If human rights is your ultimate goal, why not use a balanced scale of justice and apply one standard to entire Middle East for boycotting?

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

And he sleeps on his mommys couch.

• Amerika

lol, word. i hate to say it but maybe hitler was right. =( then we wouldn’t have crazies like “arafat”, who i’m beginning to think works for aipac

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

I don’t doubt the superfluous commenters here(Arafat the aracrap, peepsqueek the cheat, and bent neck dcomplex) all jerk each other off on their mommas’ couches. That’s when they aren’t doing their hasbara paid propaganda ‘work’!

• dcomplex

You are one dumb sand-nazi.

• dcomplex

When you retards can’t win arguments, you accuse us of being paid operatives. However, this is an Argument ad Hominem. Instead of responding to the argument, you move in and attack the arguer, a sure sign that you have nothing to say. Moreover, nobody on the pro-Israel side gets paid. I tried to get them (the Elders) to pay me once and that is what they told me.

• Amerika

“My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a
            fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded
            by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and
            summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest
            not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian
            and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord
            at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the
            Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight
            against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with
            deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact
            that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As
            a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have
            the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is
            anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is
            the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty
            to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and
            work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only
            for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning
            and see these men standing in their queues and look into their
            pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very
            devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two
            thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people
            are plundered and exposed.”

[Adolf Hitler, speech in Munich on April 12, 1922, countering a
            political opponent, Count Lerchenfeld, who opposed antisemitism on
            his personal Christian feelings. Published in “My New Order”, quoted
            in Freethought Today April 1990]

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

He’s too busy burning down Palestinian olive grows and disenfranchising Palestinian shephards while cursing Christian cemeteries while driving on those Israeli-only apartheid roads to settler-only kibbutzes.

• dcomplex

You can’t disenfranchise someone who has never had the franchise. IMO, though, I think it is time for the Jordanian settlers to go back to Jordan!

• Discourse

The phrase is “olive groves”, you petulant, ignorant, b!got.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

NoIntercourse
            It took me 10 seconds to make one little typo.
            It took you 3 days to name call.

Your unconditional love of zionistic religious fanatic apartheid is lame.
            Just because pale stale males can’t get along in 1930s Europe doesn’t mean that the indigenous Holy Land Christians and Muslims have to suffer.

Go build an apartheid wall and spread hate elsewhere on someone else’s hard earned American dime.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

The crap they teach Zionist children is no better.
      They teach their children to curse Christian churches.
      Your unconditional love for Zionism is pathetic.

• Arafat

BSWS,

Good job of bringing the level of discourse down a notch or ten.

The awful reality is far different than your dirty insinuations and here it is:

“The top ten countries for persecuting Christians over the
        last year were ranked: North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Maldives, Pakistan, Iran and Yemen, according to Open Doors USA, an organization that monitors and exposes Christian persecution around the globe.Particularly, the “2014 World Watch List”, a rather nuanced report, has highlighted these nations based on deep structures of persecution.

Take note that nine out of ten of these countries are Islamic.

Evidently Islam is on par with North Korea when it comes to its mistreatment of Christians.”

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Thanks for changing the subject.
          However , more than 20% of Palestinians are NOT even Muslim…they’re CHRISTIANS.
          Therefore your lame attempt to change the topic is mute and hollow. You are a true racist.

• Arafat

Are all your statistics this reliable?

Here is the truth:

“Today, Christians comprise less than 4% of Palestinians living within the borders of former Mandatory Palestine. They are approximately 8% of the West Bank population, less than 1% in Gaza, and nearly 10% of Israel’s Arab population.[2]”
            ………..
            A similar trend is evident in all Islamic countries where the Christian populations are being ethnically cleansed.

• Arafat

The Coptic Christian, Raymond Ibrahim, keeps track of all the Islamic crimes against Christians.
            If you are interested in the facts concerning the ethnic cleansing of Christians from Islamic countries visit his website.
            Maybe the SJP should from a club focusing on justice for Christians in the Islamic world!

• Arafat

The following is from Michael Curtis…

“The discriminatory treatment of Christians by the Muslim majority and the consequences of continuing Arab hostility towards the state of Israel have led to increasing migration from the West Bank and Gaza, the areas controlled by Muslims. Christians in those two areas now account for only about 40,000, 1.5 per cent of the total. The towns of Ramallah and Bethlehem, which depended on the Christian tourist and pilgrim trade, both lost their Christian majorities. In 1995, the number of Christians in Bethlehem was two-thirds of the population; today it is now less than 20 percent. According to the1947 census held by the
            British there were 28,000 Christians in Jerusalem; in 1967 after 19 years of Jordanian rule there were 11,000. By contrast, the number of Christians in Israel has increased from 34,000 in 1949 and 120,000 in 1995 to over 150,000, now numbering about nine percent of the Israeli Arab population, and two percent of the total population in all of Israel.”

• peepsqueek

To add to your point:

“Since Christianity came to Egypt in 57 A.D., we, the Christians of Egypt, have not had conflict with the Jewish people. Copts have been a marginal population held in captivity for sixteen centuries. We constitute the largest non-Arab, non-Moslem minority in the Middle East. The Church of Alexandria, is one of the oldest organizations in the Middle East. Despite this distinguished history, it is a church that has been under siege since the Islamic invasion.”

Assyrian News Agency:
            “Keep in mind that these Christian minorities, the Assyrians, Armenians, Copts, are actually the original inhabitants of these areas with roots going back thousands of years before Christianity. What we’re seeing is a systematic attempt to cleanse the Middle East of its original inhabitants, this is a continuation of the genocide that took place in Ottoman Turkey in 1915.”

Kurd Net Daily Online News:
            “For years the 30 million Kurds spread across those territories have been the world’s largest ethnic group without an independent homeland. Only the Kurds in Iraq, who displaced Iraqi forces in the 1990s when a U.S. and British no-fly zone was in place against Saddam Hussein, have managed to carved out an area of real autonomy.”

• Arafat

Peepsqueek,
            The Kurds – like so many other Muslims – have to protect themselves from their “brother” Muslims.
            Saddam Hussein gassed them. The Turks have done their best to ethnically cleanse them from Turkey. And the Shiite Iranians have also made the Kurds lives a struggle for survival.
            Can you imagine Israel without Jews? It would be Islam’s next Syria with Muslim groups killing one another for supremacy. Fatah against Hamas, Al Aqsa against Islamic Jihad, and Al Qaeda would get involved too.
            The SJP want justice for Palestinians? They have no idea what they’re talking about. The Palestinians in Israel have it better than most Muslims anywhere else in the world.

• dcomplex

What?! That is not even true. I was a Zionist child, and I have nothing but gratitude for those Christians who have been a bulwark against the forces of antisemitism. The churches that have abandoned replacement theology are friends of Zion and friends of the Jewish people.

Moreover, it is clear that by “Zionist”, you mean “Jew”, since why would Zionists (many of whom are secular) have any opinion on churches? The lie that you have posted is basically a veiled libel against the Jewish people. We remember who our friends are.

As V. Jabotinsky once wrote:

We were not created in order to teach morals and manners to our enemies. Let them learn these things for themselves before they establish relations with us. We want to hit back at anybody who harms us. Whoever does not repay a blow by a blow is also incapable of repaying a good deed in kind. Only someone who can hate his enemies can be a faithful friend to those who love him.

• peepsqueek

There is nothing wrong with wanting a tiny homeland for the Jewish people, with the right of self determination.

Can you be very specific about what is taught to Israeli children regarding Christian churches?

• Amerika

Ariel Toaff’s BLOOD PASSOVER on Jewish ritual murder. [http://www.bloodpassover.com/index1.htm]

The author is the son of the Chief Rabbi of Rome, and a professor of Jewish Renaissance and Medieval History at Bar-Ilan University in Israel, just outside Tel Aviv.

Prof. Toaff has since partially recanted, and now maintains that:
          – yes, Jews are a corrupting and disruptive element in society;
          – yes, Jews lend money at 40% and seem to do little else;
          – yes, Jews buy and sell justice with huge bribes;
          – yes, Jews pull off all sorts of fraudulent bankruptcies and swindles;
          – yes, Jews resort to poisoning and assassination when thwarted;
          – yes, Jews are obsessed with hatred for Christians and the Christian religion;
          – yes, Jews kidnapped and castrated Christian boys on a large scale and sold them into slavery in Islamic Spain for centuries;
          – yes, Jews used [and still use?] human blood in all sorts of quack remedies, despite the Biblical prohibition, even for minor complaints;
          – yes, Jews [and still use?] Christian human blood in their matzoh balls at Passover;
          – yes, Jews [and still use?] Christian human blood in their wine at Passover;
          – yes, the blood had to be from Christian boys no more than 7 years of age;
          – yes, the blood had [has?] to be certified kosher by a rabbi;
          – yes, there was [is?] a large and profitable trade in fake blood products and animal blood, which was [are?] unsuitable to the purpose;
          – yes, Christians tried to sell the blood of Christian boys to Jews, but were rejected because the Jews feared it was animal blood; but no, no Christian boys were ever killed to obtain the blood. Never, never! Or hardly ever. It all came from “voluntary donors”!

The only “saving clause” is that these charges are made against AshkeNazi Jews only.

— Gian Marco Lucchese and Pietro Gianetti, 2007

• peepsqueek

Toaff’s 92-year-old father told the Italian newspaper la Repubblica
            after the publication of his son’s controversial book: “The criticism
            that everyone has expressed about his book was justified. His arguments were an insult to the intelligence, to the tradition, to history in general and to the meaning of the Jewish religion. It saddens me that such nonsense was put forward by my son of all people.”

• Amerika

To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly.

Libbre David 37

A Jew should and must make a false oath when the Goyim asks if our books contain anything against them.
            Szaaloth-Utszabot, The Book of Jore Dia 17

We beg Thee, O Lord, indict Thy wrath on the nations not believing in Thee, and not calling on Thy name. Let down Thy wrath on them and inflict them with Thy wrath. Drive them away in Thy wrath and crush them into pieces. Take away, O Lord, all bone from them. In a moment indict all disbelievers. Destroy in a moment all foes of Thy nation. Draw out with the root, disperse and ruin unworthy nations. Destroy them! Destroy them immediately, in this very moment!
            Prayer said on the eve of Passover (Pranajtis: Christianus in Talmudae Judeorum, quotations from: Synagoga Judaica)
            The Feast of Tabernacles is the period when Israel triumphs over the other people of the world. That is why during this feast we seize the loulab and carry it as a trophy to show that we have conquered all other peoples, known as “populace”…
            Zohar, Toldoth Noah 63b

When the Messiah comes every Jew will have 2800 slaves.
            Simeon Haddarsen, fol. 56-D

Resh Lakish said: He who is observant of fringes will be privileged to be served by two thousand eight hundred slaves, for it is said, Thus saith the Lord of hosts: In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you, etc.
            Mas. Shabbath 31b

On the house of the Goy [Goy means unclean, and is the disparaging term for a non-Jew] one looks as on the fold of cattle.
            Tosefta, Tractate Erubin VIII

When a Jew has a Gentile in his clutches, another Jew may go to the same Gentile, lend him money and in turn deceive him, so that the Gentile shall be ruined. For the property of a Gentile, according to our law, belongs to no one, and the first Jew that passes has full right to seize it.
            Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 156

If it can be proven that someone has given the money of Israelites to the Goyim, a way must be found after prudent consideration to wipe him off the face of the earth.
            Choschen Hamm 388, 15

Happy will be the lost of Israel, whom the Holy One, blessed be He, has chosen from amongst the Goyim, of whom the Scriptures say: “Their work is but vanity, it is an illusion at which we must laugh; they will all perish when God visits them in His wrath.” At the moment when the Holy One, blessed be He, will exterminate all the Goyim of the world, Israel alone will subsist, even as it is written: “The Lord alone will appear great on that day!…
            Zohar, Vayshlah 177b

That the Jewish nation is the only nation selected by God, while all the remaining ones are contemptible and hateful.
            That all property of other nations belongs to the Jewish nation, which consequently is entitled to seize upon it without any scruples. An orthodox Jew is not bound to observe principles of morality towards people of other tribes. He may act contrary to morality, if profitable to himself or to Jews in general.

A Jew may rob a Goy, he may cheat him over a bill, which should not be perceived by him, otherwise the name of God would become dishonoured.
            Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat, 348

• peepsqueek

We all know the websites that post this crap, thank you. What is your cultural heritage that gives you the moral superiority throw all Jews under the bus?

• dcomplex

I think SJP needs to realize something: If Israel becomes isolated enough, the answer is not the end of Israel. Rather, the rational decision becomes the expulsion of all of the Palestinian Arabs.

An isolated Israel is an Israel with nothing to lose. One way to end the pressure is to permanently expel the irredentist population. Moreover, since this population is completely irredentist and also occupies the commanding heights (see a topographical map), Israelis could only expect to be murdered by the Arabs. Therefore, it would become rational to do a forced population transfer.

SJP does not realize that its dream of destroying Israel will only succeed in the reconquista of the West Bank and Gaza.

• TheJuice

The rational decision is to peacefully transfer and relocate any and all racial purists who staunchly oppose ending the occupation. Peace loving Israelis should see no problem with sharing the land with Palestinians. Though it may take time, history teaches us that different races/tribes/peoples can and do learn to love each other (see America).

Those demanding a racially pure “Jewish” state should be transferred to an island, perhaps Madagascar.

• dcomplex

It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with the fact that the Arab population in Judea and Samaria resembles the Sudeten German population of Czechoslovakia. It is hostile to the ethnic majority population, and it occupies a strategically crucial natural border border with a larger threatening entity that uses it to extract irredentist claims in order to compromise the state’s line of defense. Netanyahu wrote up a military analysis comparing the situation with the Czech-German situation in 1938. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2722226/posts

I am not happy that they must go, but the fact is that they must.

• peepsqueek

I repeat: Egyptians were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic. Syrians were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic, Moroccans were not Arabs, nor did they speak Arabic, Iraqis were not Arabs not did they speak Arabic, Libya was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic, the Sudan was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic, Tunisia was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic, Sudan was not Arab, nor did they speak Arabic. Why are they all called Arab Countries, speak Arabic, and belong to the league of Arab Nations, and live under some form of Islamic Sharia, which is Arabian? Religious philosophy is one thing, but complete take over is another.

• dcomplex

True, but there are so many routes to attacking their arguments. The fact that the Palestinian Arabs were not native to Eretz Yisrael due to Arabic imperialism is not a line of argument I have found to be effective.

• peepsqueek

We are just here to educate the readers and for them to educate us. When some posts a factual argument that I have not heard of, I immediately research it, and learn if it is true or not true. Either way, it is a learning experience.

• reasonable_human

Great jog BSJP! Calling out rhetoric of ‘academic freedom’ for what it is.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

All the weak-ass politicians and so called college presidents who reflexively opposed the call boycotts should be removed.

Real leaders don’t answer to money.

Real leaders actually listen to their constituents they are purported to represent.

What a bunch of clowns. Free Palestine. Prace.

• dcomplex

Also, I love how this article claims that the colonization was illegal, but strictly speaking, it was legally justified by the league of nations mandate signed and ratified by the league of nations in 1922 at San Remo, which affirmed the rights of Jews to settle in their ancient homeland. Moreover, the charter of the United Nations reaffirms these rights and also puts them beyond the purview of the UN organs. No UN resolution can abrogate the rights of Jews to settle western Palestine (West of the Jordan), according to (iirc) article 8 of the UN charter. Strictly speaking, there is nothing ‘illegal’ about Jewish colonization of Palestine.

The resolutions condemning colonialism do not therefore abrogate Jewish rights to settle in the land.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Nothing you said is true.

The League of Nations suggested creating a Jewish homeland…NOT establishing a sovereign state and definitely NOT displacing the native Palestinian indigenes of the Holy Land.

Please use real facts before spewing your hasbara inspired propaganda.
      It’s not Palestinian people’s fault that white people can’t get along.

No country on Earth recognizes the illegal colonization of Palestine. Not even the United States. Grow up please and stop with your lame attempt at spreading lies.

• dcomplex

The league of nations recognizes the right of Jews to settle in the land and affirms the connection of the Jewish people to the land.

From the preamble:

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country; and

Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country; and

Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have selected His Britannic Majesty as the Mandatory for Palestine; and

Whereas the mandate in respect of Palestine has been formulated in the following terms and submitted to the Council of the League for approval; and

Whereas His Britannic Majesty has accepted the mandate in respect of Palestine and undertaken to exercise it on behalf of the League of Nations in conformity with the following provisions; and

Whereas by the afore-mentioned Article 22 (paragraph 8), it is provided that the degree of authority, control or administration to be exercised by the Mandatory, not having been previously agreed upon by the Members of the League, shall be explicitly defined by the Council of the League Of Nations;

confirming the said Mandate, defines its terms as follows:

ARTICLE 1.

The Mandatory shall have full powers of legislation and of administration, save as they may be limited by the terms of this mandate.

ART. 2.

The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion.

ART. 3.

The Mandatory shall, so far as circumstances permit, encourage local autonomy.

ART. 4.

An appropriate Jewish agency shall be recognised as a public body for the purpose of advising and co-operating with the Administration of Palestine in such economic, social and other matters as may affect the establishment of the Jewish national home and the interests of the Jewish population in Palestine, and, subject always to the control of the Administration to assist and take part in the development of the country.

The Zionist organization, so long as its organization and constitution are in the opinion of the Mandatory appropriate, shall be recognised as such agency. It shall take steps in consultation with His Britannic Majesty’s Government to secure the co-operation of all Jews who are willing to assist in the establishment of the Jewish national home.

ART. 5.

The Mandatory shall be responsible for seeing that no Palestine territory shall be ceded or leased to, or in any way placed under the control of the Government of any foreign Power.

ART. 6.

The Administration of Palestine, while ensuring that the rights and position of other sections of the population are not prejudiced, shall facilitate Jewish immigration under suitable conditions and shall encourage, in co-operation with the Jewish agency referred to in Article 4, close settlement by Jews on the land, including State lands and waste lands not required for public purposes.

ART. 7.

The Administration of Palestine shall be responsible for enacting a nationality law. There shall be included in this law provisions framed so as to facilitate the acquisition of Palestinian citizenship by Jews who take up their permanent residence in Palestine.

As I said, the colonization of the land is sanctioned by international law.

• peepsqueek

The declining empires of Britain and France had at that time divided up the vast Arab sphere which they conquered from the decaying Ottoman Empire. They arbitrarily concocted nations, carved up countries and drew bizarre borders – all to suit imperialist interests. The geographical area of Palestine was of no value and a pain for the British to maintain, so it was turned over to the UN, which made a final decision.

The French championed artificial fabrications called Lebanon and Syria, while the Brits invented Iraq and a fiction labeled Transjordan (presently under the name of Jordan). Jordan consists of nearly 80% of what was identified as historic Palestine and some of it was earmarked by the League of Nations as the national home of the Jewish people.

• peepsqueek

In 1948, Jordan illegally occupied Jerusalem and ethnically cleansed the Old City of every last Jewish person. Jewish people have always lived in Judea and Samaria—the West Bank—since ancient times. The only time Jewish people have been prohibited from living in the territories in recent decades was during Jordan’s rule from 1948 to 1967. After the ’67 War, Jews naturally started to return. If the collective Arab Countries had defeated Israel, what do you think they would have done with the Jews?

The implication of many settlement critics is that it would be better for peace if the West Bank were empty of Jews. This idea would be called anti-Semitic if Jews were barred from living in New York, Paris or London, but barring them from living in the West Bank, the cradle of Jewish civilization, the birth place of Solomon, David, and Jesus is called what?? Give it a name! 1.5 million Arabs live in Israel proper as citizens on land that hypocritical activists claim was ethnically cleansed.

DC Complex- please respond in an academic manner

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Just South African apartheid, and Jim Crow laws….the Palestinian people should not be made to suffer indignities.

The oppressed are now the oppressors. Palestinians should be free to live their lives, the Zionist terrorizers have no right to kill Palestinians and steal their land. Just because white Europeans can’t get along does not give them any right to displace the Palestinain indigenes in the Holy Land.

• Arafat

BSWS writes, “…the Palestinian people should not be made to suffer indignities.”

………………………..

Do you mean like these?

“A report issued by the Palestinian Independent
      Commission for Human Rights (ICHR) this week criticized the Palestinian
      Authority [PA] and Hamas for assaults on human rights and freedoms in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

The report, which has been ignored by mainstream media and human rights
      organizations in the West, reveals that 10 Palestinians died in January 2014 in
      the West Bank and Gaza Strip as a result of anarchy, lawlessness and misuse of
      weapons.

The report also lists cases of torture and mistreatment in PA and Hamas prisons.
      ICHR pointed to an increase in the number of torture cases in prisons belonging
      to the PA’s much-feared Preventive Security Service in the West Bank.

During January, ICHR wrote that it received 56 complaints about torture and
      mistreatment in Palestinian prisons: 36 in the Gaza Strip and 19 in the West
      Bank. In addition, the human rights organization received innumerable
      complaints about arbitrary and unlawful arrests of Palestinians by the PA and
      Hamas.”

• dcomplex

The Arabs are the oppressors, and they are just upset that the hated Jews are defending themselves. If the Jews acted toward the Arabs the way the Arabs act toward the Jews, the Arabs would be pushed back into the desert as Azzam Pasha predicted. (“Either we will push the Jews into the sea or they will push us back into the desert”).

• Arafat

And then there are these indignities as well. I wonder if we will hear from the SJP about this? Clue: Don’t hold your breath.

“Palestinians are being starved to death. But this is not happening in the West Bank or Gaza Strip. Nor is it taking place in Israel.

Rather, this is happening in an Arab country, Syria, while the international community continues to turn a blind eye to the tragedy.

At least 15 Palestinians have died from starvation since last
        September in the Palestinian Yarmouk refugee camp near Damascus, according to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).

UNRWA spokesman Chris Gunness said, “We have received
        reports over the weekend that at least five more Palestinian refugees in the
        besieged refugee camp of Yarmouk in Damascus have died due to malnutrition, bringing the total number of reported cases (of starvation) up to 15.”

According to reports from Syria, some 20,000 Palestinians living in Yarmouk face death from starvation as a result of the siege on the camp that began last July.

Yarmouk has been under siege by the Syrian army after a large number of gunmenbelonging to the Syrian opposition found shelter inside the camp.

Yet it is not only the Syrians who are besieging the camp. A radical Palestinian group called Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command, which is loyal to Bashar Assad, is also taking part in the siege.

Human rights activists say the Syrian authorities are refusing to allow aid into the camp, creating a severe humanitarian crisis.”

• Arafat

So I got to wondering about the title of this article, particularly the words “in an unfree world”.

And I thought, “But doesn’t unfree define the entire Islamic world? So why blame Israel for purportedly enslaving a small number of Muslims when there are more than one billion Muslims who do not have the freedom to attend schools where free thought is allowed?”

Do the SJP not realize that individual freedoms are either somewhat limited or harshly limited throughout the Islamic world, so why blame Israel for what is commonplace for all Muslims?

Even “moderate” Turkey has imprisoned more journalists than any other country in the world.

Even in “moderate” Kuwait education consists mostly of memorizing the Quran backwards and forwards.

Doesn’t it follow then that none of this is Israel’s fault and that, more likely, it reflects core values of Islam?

I mean let’s get real here. Muslims have won how many Nobel Prizes in the sciences? One or two, maybe three? And this despite the fact that Muslims make up something like 25+% of the world’s population. Whose fault is this?

SJP, why is this so consistent throughout the Islamic world? And why, in this specific instance, is it Israel’s fault instead of the fault of Islam?

• dcomplex

It’s because they kill dissenters. Islamism is the direct successor of Nazism, both in its instrumentalization of antisemitism and insane dreams of conquering the world as well as the historical alliance with Nazism. There is a nice boom by Jeffrey Herf called Nazi Propaganda for the Arab World, and there is a great talk about it on youtube called “Broadcasting antisemitism to the Arab World”. You should watch it.. It explains a lot

• Arafat

I disagree.

All religions are unique and some more so than others. Buddhism is quite unique, eh, and so is Islam.

No religion other than Islam has a prophet for whom enslaving people, stealing other people’s property, leading battles, marrying children was practiced.

More importantly Islam is unique in that it subjugates its followers to submission. Islam means submission, not peace as Muslims would have us believe.

Muslims must submit to Allah’s word. Muslims must submit to Sharia law – a law that stifles curiosity and most all individual freedoms. This is why Muslims are all but absent from the Nobel Prize winners. It is not that they are dumber than, say Jews, it is just that their religion (unlike Judaism) strongly discourages curiosity, openness to new information and the individual freedoms required to spread one’s mind outside “of the box”.

The fact that Islam allied with Hitler is no surprise. Their supremacist beliefs fit like hand in glove. Their master race beliefs do too.

You and I are mere infidels as are the Jews of Israel, and all the other non-Muslims being killed, tortured and raped on a daily basis by today’s Nazis.

• Amerika

Arafat,

Ashkenazi IQ and achievements can largely be attributed to excessive inbreeding/incest, which also contributes to the many genetic disorders that afflict Ashkenazi Jews. Gift and a curse.

http://www.livescience.com/40247-ashkenazi-jews-have-european-genes.html

The researchers found that more than 80 percent of the maternal lineages of Ashkenazi Jews could be traced to indigenous Europeans, with four maternal “founders” responsible for 40 percent. Although Jewish men may have migrated into Europe from Israel around 2,000 years ago, they brought few or no wives with them, according to the researchers, who suggest that the men married and converted European women, first along the Mediterranean and later in western and central Europe.

The medical genetics of Jews is the study, screening and treatment of genetic disorders that are more common in particular Jewish populations than in the population as a whole.[1] The genetics of Ashkenazi Jews have been particularly well-studied, resulting in the discovery of many genetic disorders that are associated with this ethnic group.

• Arafat

Amerika,
        I guess this did not work for Muslims who (to this very day) commonly marry their first cousins.
        Additionally, if the Jews converted European women I guess they were all killed by your relatives because today Jews total fewer than 14 million people. Which means they make up something like 0.01% of 1% of the world’s population.
        You’re dumber than dirt and would be laughable if not for your being part of a historically pathetic, sadistic, sub-set of humanity who have ensured Jews are forced to fight for the right just to live in peace.
        Neo-Nazi Amerika, Hitler’s calling. You better goose-step your way to your master’s feet.

• Amerika

“You’re dumber than dirt and would be laughable if not for your being part of a historically pathetic, sadistic, sub-set of humanity” – Arafat

I’m an Ashkenazi Jew myself… Like I said, it’s a Gift and a Curse.

• Michael Becker ’13

Thank you for such a strong, clear-headed, and powerful editorial!

• dcomplex

It is easy to be strong and clearheaded when you parrot propaganda and ignore history.

• Arafat

Michael,

It is also an excellent work of fiction (as detailed below) but let’s not bother ourselves with facts, O-K-Doky?

• dcomplex

Yeah, it’s the difference between clearheaded and emptyheaded

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Why don’t you empty your head in aracraps mouth already:)

• Marx

History 101: The Jews are the only people in the world who have found hostility in every country in which they settled in any numbers. The big question is — WHY? [http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/repute.htm]

History 201: The Zionists role in the Holocaust [http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/holocaust.htm]

History 301: Marx’s “Zur Judenfrage” provides a theoretical reason to oppose any form of Jewish power, but few people care about this work and even fewer have read it. What seems to have happened is that shortly before the beginning of the Six-Day War, anti-Zionism became an essential part of Marxist doctrine and has remained so through inertia. In other words, Marxism is anti-Zionist because it has defined itself as anti-Zionist.

• FreePalestine

Israel War Crimes : Hell on Earth

• dcomplex

I fapped.

But seriously, the presence of civilian casualties does not ipso facto prove war crimes. In fact, in urban combat against non-uniformed fighters, it is inevitable. The question is (discrimination) whether or not there were military targets and (proportionality) whether the importance of the target can justify the collateral damage. Proportionality doesn’t mean the strength of the reaction vs an initial attack.

So yeah, dead bodies do not mean war crimes.

• BigSticksWalkSoftly

Zionism continues to be racism. Shame on the unconditional support of apartheid in Palestine. DISGUSTING

• Howard Sachs

Opinion/Letter: Brown Students for anti-American Values

Response to: Brown Students for Justice in Palestine

http://www.browndailyherald.com/2014/02/13/brown-students-justice-palestine-academic-freedom-unfree-world/

From: Howard Sachs
    Washington DC
    hsachs@starpower.net

I send this with respect for you as people. You should be commended for speaking out passionately about what you believe to the Brown and wider community. That doesn’t make my utter distain for your ideas less passionate. It’s also ironic that if you expressed ideas freely like this in Judea and Samaria (the Palestinian territories) or most of the Arab world ,you’d end up in some filthy jail or with parts of your body removed or tortured in various ways. In Israel you’d likely be given a radio show.

This anti-Israel business on our college campuses has nothing to do with fights against oppression or bringing kindness or justice into life. This is all part and parcel of a toxic ideology that has been harming the Western world for over a century. It’s called Leftism. It’s an ideology that holds values the opposite of American ones on every front of life. In economics these are the students, professors and their ilk who supported and still support the savage oppressive wealth destruction ideologies of socialism and communism. That’s why Whoopie Goldberg on the View recently said communism is great but in Russia the implementation was just poor. This is the gang that lauds what our Leftist Democratic party is doing to American wealth-crushing it, so you students can sit home with your Mom’s and Dad’s until you’re 40 in some small apartment while you rail against business and entrepreneurs that create wealth and jobs.

This is the ideology that is morally bankrupt and finds kindness in the Castros, Ho Chi Mihns ,Maos,Hugo Chavezes, and Arafats- some of the most vile things in human form that have ever lived. This is the value system that gets people like Sean Penn and Michael Moore off to Venezuela to cheer the socialist dictator , students and University types off to Europe last century to cheer Stalin and Mussolini and even Hitler; Jane Fonda off to North Viet Nam to laud the murdering communist sadists.

This is the vile ideology that trashes America and Israel, both beautiful countries, full of liberty and opportunity, and rule of law, freedom for religions, speech, women, gays, and all ethnic groups.

The Middle East would have peace in 5 minutes because the people of the Jewish State from its inception have begged for peace. Most of the Arabs from leadership on down holds Jews to be vermin and the State of Israel a cancer , a blight on the land. So don’t give us this “Justice in Palestine” moral waste product polluting our once beautiful American campuses.

Americans should reject this toxic ideology and call it what it is, anti-American and morally repulsive. America is what is right about this part of the planet. Israel is what is right about the Middle East.

• IsraelIsWhatIsRight?

Palestinian mother of 7, bombings survivor, documents Israeli war crimes [http://rt.com/op-edge/israeli-crimes-palestinian-mother-391/]

• Howard Sachs

Our Arab brothers and sister in the area have a legitimate story and that story includes some claims to connection with some land. We Americans and our great friends the Israelis understand that. But unfortunately, the Arab story also includes for many (not all) from leaders on down, ” The Jews are vile pigs and monkeys. The Jews have no claims to any land though they have peopled that land for four thousand years. The Jews like the Americans are vile infidels and must be wiped from every inch of Palestine.” Thats why the Israeli/Arab conflict is actually quite simple to understand. The good, freedom loving, peace loving people, the Israelis, want to make room for their Arab brothers and sisters. They’ve wanted this since Israel and all the Arab countries in the area were created after the Ottoman Empire split up. Unfortunately, their Arab brothers and sisters in general want to slit their throats and blow them up in their pizza parlors. Easy to understand. Hard to solve. Thats why its important for Israel to stay strong. Thats why in America, American Jews and Christians and Muslims and atheists must also continue to stand for morality and goodness as our people usually do. That’s what Americans do. We stand and support the moral and the good. We slog on. We hope the Arab heart will change. It may never. Thats life. We need to just keep supporting the Jewish State of Israel in its quest for peace. We need to say to the people who want the infidels dead; “this will not happen on our watch.” We need to say to the Leftist world bullying little kind free Israel, “we Americans fight bullies.”