Coal to President Christina Paxson, who will teach a sophomore seminar in the Department of Economics next spring titled “Disparities in Wealth and Health.” With all her free time.

Coal to Professor of Archaeology Peter Van Dommelen, whose research on Mediterranean burial sites suggests Phoenicians and their Carthaginian successors performed rituals of child sacrifice. Sounds like they killed their darlings.

A diamond to the philanthropist that said her “motivation is to get more fish to the ocean basically.” We’re glad to know there will actually be more fish in the sea this Valentine’s Day.

Cubic zirconia to Undergraduate Council of Students Vice President, who said of UCS, “Keep it living and breathing.” That strategy didn’t work out so well for Crusty, our pet hermit crab.

Coal to the RISD student and member of the class “Light, the City and the Community” for saying, “All the equipment will be kept in case it is needed again.” That’s why we still have our Beanie Baby collection.

Coal to Laia Darder Estevez, teaching associate in language studies, who said, “I don’t like my students deciding what they learn.” Sorry we’re not Columbia.

Coal to Colin Kane, chairman of the I-195 Redevelopment District Commission, who said, “There’s nothing worse than looking at an empty field.” Unless the field is full of people wearing Crocs.

A diamond to Warwick’s Fetish Flea Market, which features kink courses like “Rope 101: The Knots and Bolts of Bondage,” “Intro to Rough Body Play” and “The Fine Art of Prostate Massage.” We thought we saw a few of those in the Department of Modern Culture and Media course catalogue.

Cubic zirconia to RH Lee ’00 who said of her work in Nick Offerman’s workshop, “I do feel like I’ve carved my own path.” Shaun White said the same thing with a single tear Wednesday night.