Police Log: Two cars robbed at Power Street garage

The following summaries include all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Feb. 16 and Feb. 27. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life.

Friday, Feb. 17:(No time specified.) Complainant reported her Brown ID was stolen from her mailbox on Jenkins Street on Feb. 15.

3:29 p.m. Complainant reported that her Kenwood stereo was stolen from her car sometime between 11 p.m. on Feb. 13 and 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 17. There were no signs of forced entry. The car was parked in Lot 68 of the Power Street Parking Garage.

8:58 p.m. Complainant reported his vehicle was broken into sometime between 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 16 and 8:58 p.m. on Friday, Feb 17. The front passenger window of his vehicle was smashed and the car radio was stolen. The car was parked in Lot 68 of the Power Street Parking Garage.

10 p.m. Complainant reported that two men brandishing a gun and knife approached her and demanded she hand over her possessions at the intersection of Young Orchard and Cooke streets. One man was described as approximately 5'8" tall and weighing around 200 pounds. The other was the same height and weighed around 160 pounds.

Tuesday, Feb. 21:4:16 p.m. Complainant reported that $6 was removed from his unsecured locker in the Smith Swim Center sometime between 2 p.m. and 4:16 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 23:10:11 p.m. Complainant reported that a man verbally harassed him and demanded money from him while he was walking on George Street. The man was described as being approximately 30 years old, 5'5" tall and wearing dark clothing.

Saturday, Feb. 25:2:57 a.m. DPS officers responded to a report that a student was behaving belligerently and yelling homophobic slurs in a hallway in Littlefield Hall. The student also ripped down a queer-related poster from another student's door. Officers found the student, who appeared to be intoxicated, and escorted him back to his room. Emergency Medical Services then responded to the scene.

Sunday, Feb. 26:2:11 a.m. Complainant reported that a student violently kicked open the door of her room in Andrews Hall. DPS officers unsuccessfully attempted to find the student.

Source: Department of Public Safety