Police Log: Sexual assault among crimes reported

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between March 17 and March 23. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, the PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Saturday, March 18:2:45 p.m. Complainant reported being harassed by an acquaintance at the corner of George and Brown streets. DPS's Special Victims Unit is providing the complainant with support.

Sunday, March 19:12:07 a.m. DPS and PPD officers responded to a report of sexual assault at an off-campus residence. The incident is under investigation.

2:50 a.m. DPS officers responded to a report of four male students being disruptive in a hallway in Chapin House. Complainant reported that the students swore at her when she asked them to desist and that they pushed and slapped her boyfriend when he tried to intervene. Officers interviewed both parties and referred the matter to the Office of Student Life.

Monday, March 20:7 a.m. A custodian reported that a card access reader outside of Diman House was damaged. The Brown Card Office was notified.

7:01 p.m. Complainant reported that a hard drive and monitor were stolen from a computer kiosk in Emery-Woolley Hall.

Source: Department of Public Safety