Purple shower stall, DPS officer punched among incidents reported last week

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between March 9 and March 15. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, the PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Saturday, March 10:1:32 a.m. A DPS officer was informed, while on patrol, that there was a fight in progress at Arnold Lounge. The officer identified a large crowd and one subject being assaulted and attempted to remove the victim from the altercation. An unidentified individual struck the officer during the attempt. Additional DPS officers arrived at the scene, and the crowd dispersed quickly. The event coordinators were interviewed accordingly.

9:30 p.m. DPS officers responded to a report of a possible intruder in a student residence on Hope Street. The officers secured the perimeter and found no signs of forced entry. Officers conducted an interior check of the residence and cleared the scene without issue.

Sunday, March 11:12:51 a.m. A DPS officer responded to a report of a suspicious circumstance including loud music and someone walking with an object lit on fire at Poland House. Upon arrival, the officer identified the subject and requested that the music be turned down. There were no objects ignited upon the officer's arrival. However, the officer did remind the student about potential University fire safety violations. The officer cleared the scene without issue.

3:49 a.m. Complainant reported that a fellow student was leaving foul messages on the white board outside of his room in Mead House. The matter is being handled by the Office of Student Life.

10:34 p.m. Complainant reported that her student ID card had been stolen by unknown persons on Vartan Gregorian Quadrangle. The student was issued a temporary ID.

Monday, March 12:

10:46 a.m. Person reported that a shower stall in a women's restroom in Minden Hall was painted purple. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time. Facilities Management was notified to assess the damage.

Tuesday, March 13:11:12 a.m. Persons reported that several personnel at George Street received suspicious voicemails from a known caller. The matter is under investigation.

Thursday, March 15:4:21 p.m. Complainant in Perkins Hall reported that she received a fraudulent e-mail supposedly from Bank of America requesting that she update her personal information. Upon doing so, she found that an undisclosed amount of money was illegally withdrawn from her bank account. Complainant contacted Bank of America's fraud department and an investigation into this matter is underway.