Pasta back at Ratty permanently

Brown Dining Services recently added a pasta-and-sauce option to the daily menu at the Sharpe Refectory because of "popular demand" from students. This year, the Tastes of the World menu replaced the Trattoria menu, which in the past featured pasta every day.

According to the Dining Services Web site, pasta was added to the Bistro line on Monday.

Though some Tastes of the World lines offer pasta, pasta has been brought back as a permanent fixture at the Ratty. Claire Sidla, director of residential dining, wrote in an e-mail provided to The Herald, "Pasta has been added to the menu for each day (on line D, the Bistro line) ... due to popular demand!"

Students, especially those who were accustomed to the Trattoria's pasta offerings, enthusiastically welcomed pasta's return on the Bistro line. Carly Traub '09, a member of the women's crew team, remarked that she and her teammates had been upset to lose the pasta option, and called its return "awesome."

"Our diets are mostly based off pasta ... We need the carbs," she said. The women's crew team is not alone: A table of juniors cheered when they heard of pasta's return.

But Natan Last '12 said that, as a freshman, he didn't know pasta used to be a daily option, and isn't convinced that it should be. "Pasta is not the healthiest choice. It's better to have variety," he said.