Elections fill vacant UCS spots

The Undergraduate Council of Students voted to fill open positions Wednesday night in the Crystal Room in Alumnae Hall.

After collecting enough signatures from their classmates, candidates were able to briefly speak to a room full of veteran and first-time UCS members before the voting took place.
Kening Tan '12, running unopposed, was elected the new appointments chair. At-large representative Evan Holownia '11 won the election for communications chair, and Alyaa Alkhadhar '13 was elected to the position of secretary.

The position of treasurer went to Ralanda Nelson '12. Nelson ran against Rachel Hunter '12, who subsequently won the title of Ivy Council policy chair.

Lily Tran '10 was chosen for the position of alumni liaison. Her role will be fostering the support of Brown alumni, especially those who participated in UCS at Brown.

David Rattner '13, Michael Schneider '13, Melea Atkins '10, Lucy Wang '11 and former UCS Vice President Michael MacCombie '11 vied for the position of Corporation liaison, which went to Atkins, who also served as corporate liaison two years ago.

The UCS-UFB liaison, who sits on the Undergraduate Finance Board and represents UCS's interests, is former UFB member Salsabil Ahmed '11.