Starkey and Real Estate will headline this year's fall concert, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 24.

Starkey — the stage name of Philadelphian P.J. Geissinger — is a DJ who mixes "grime, dubstep, hip hop and all things ‘street bass,'" according to his MySpace page. The music is "dark" but also "super energetic," BCA Administrative Chair Sandy Ryza '12 told The Herald.

Real Estate hails from New Jersey and specializes in psychedelic pop, according to the band's MySpace page. The concert will come a few weeks before Real Estate releases its sophomore effort "Days" Oct. 18, following the release of its self-titled debut album that hit shelves in 2009.

BCA had considered Starkey for past concerts and decided to secure him for this year after positive response to dubstep artist Stegosaurus, who performed at last year's concert and was "the unacknowledged star of the show," Ryza said.

Though Real Estate came in seventh in a BCA poll conducted through BlogDailyHerald over the summer, the higher-ranked acts "turned out not to be available" for the show, Ryza said.

The concert is slated to take place on Lincoln Field and would move to the Rhode Island School of Design Auditorium in case of rain. Last year was the first time the concert was held outside, a move Ryza said was popular with students. An outdoor location also allows BCA to accommodate 1,800 students, as compared to a capacity of 500 students inside. Doors will open at 7 p.m. on the day of the concert.

Announcements for obtaining tickets, which will be free, will be posted on the BCA's website by Monday, Sept. 19.