The campus vending system will be completely replaced by the next academic year, announced Michael Lin '14, chair of the Admissions and Student Services Committee, at yesterday's Undergraduate Council of Students general body meeting.

The Card Value Centers where students must currently add money to purchase laundry, photo-copying and vending machine products will also become obsolete and be removed from campus.

The changes will begin next semester, when CVC machines at copiers and printers will be replaced.  Machines at laundry and vending machines will be replaced over the summer.

The change is the result of the committee's collaboration with Margaret Klawunn, vice president for student life and campus services, and Scott Martin, manager of IT support consultants for Computing and Information Services.

Lin explained in a Nov. 2 interview with The Herald that Klawunn would be petitioning the University Resources Committee for funding for the CVC overhaul. He told the council last night that the request was successful.

President Ralanda Nelson '11 also said the Presidential Selection Campus Advisory Committee will release a letter to the community Monday detailing its priorities in finding a successor for President Ruth Simmons.