The following is an account of crime events that took place this weekend, reported to The Herald by Deputy Chief of Police for the Department of Public Safety Paul Shanley:

Early Friday morning

The semester’s high incidence of laptop theft continued this weekend when three laptops were reported stolen from two unlocked rooms in Wayland House.

The first theft occurred between approximately 12:10 a.m. and 10 a.m. Friday. It is unclear whether either of the two students living in the room were present at the time of the theft.

In the second reported case, which occurred between 3 a.m. and 10 a.m., a student also had money taken from his wallet. He was sleeping in the room during the period in which the theft allegedly occurred.

DPS has not identified suspects in either case.

Laptop thefts from unlocked rooms have been common this semester, especially in dorms on Wriston Quadrangle and Patriots Court.

Friday evening

DPS and the Providence Police Department responded to a report of indecent exposure in the area of Angell and Ives streets just past midnight. A male wearing only shoes and “a shirt or scarf” on his head allegedly exposed himself to two female students while running by them. The students told DPS officers the man was between 35 and 40 years old, approximately 5-foot-8 and around 200 pounds.

DPS officers do not currently have any leads on the suspect’s identity.