Editors’ note: The Herald’s new website

The Herald is excited to launch a newly redesigned website today.

In an era when the bulk of news is consumed online, and in our first website rework since 2015, we sought to update our site’s design and enhance reader engagement by increasing its accessibility and building in more space for innovative multimedia journalism. At the same time, with feedback from our staff and alumni, we aimed to maintain the essence and character of our previous website to ensure the new site feels familiar and easy to navigate.

Among other new elements, our new web presence features a fuller landing page that allows us to display more of the day’s biggest news, and presents podcasts, multimedia content and post- magazine more prominently. Author pages and bylines now also include ways to connect with reporters via email and social media. In addition, the new website meets Level AA as defined by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, an international standard that helps organizations make web content more accessible to people with disabilities.

We’re proud to share a website that’s in line with a digital-first mindset, that highlights our digital and multimedia journalism and better facilitates your engagement with our news. 

We’d like to thank everyone at SNWorks, in particular Mike Joseph and Wesley Herold, for working with us over the past half year to build our new website and fulfill every one of our requests with a creativity and receptiveness beyond anything we could have imagined. Thank you also to all of our staffers and alumni who took the time to share their vision for our new web presence. Their contributions are greatly appreciated. 

We hope you enjoy the new site, and we welcome and look forward to your feedback. Feel free to email herald@browndailyherald.com with any thoughts. 

—Editors’ Notes are written by The Herald’s 131st editorial board: Kayla Guo ’22.5, Henry Dawson ’22.5, Li Goldstein ’22, Emilija Sagaityte ’22, Kate Ok ’22, Emily Teng ’22 and Kamran King ’22