Andrews, Jo’s to return to normal operation hours Friday

Dining Services from shortened hours, grab-and-go dining for isolated students at Andrews

<p>Josiah&#x27;s will remain open until 2 am and Andrews Commons will open to all students starting on Feb. 4.</p>

Josiah's will remain open until 2 am and Andrews Commons will open to all students starting on Feb. 4.

Andrews Commons and Josiah’s will return to normal hours of operation beginning Friday, Feb. 4, Brown Dining Services announced in a Feb. 2 email to the University community. 

Every day, Josiah’s will remain open until 2 a.m., and Andrews will be open for all students from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week.

Dining Services had previously announced temporary changes to dining hours for the start of the semester in a Jan. 21 email. Andrews Dining Hall was designated as the location for students in isolation to pick up grab-and-go meals and was closed to other students. The changes also included Josiah’s closing at 7:30 p.m, The Herald previously reported.

Dining Services sent a follow up email to the community one week later because it “received some inquiries regarding current dining operations and specifically late-night options.” The email explained the reasoning for shortening Josiah’s hours, which was to “be sure we had another unit operational during peak hours of service” after the closure of Andrews to most students. 

“We anticipate these adjustments to be very temporary and look forward to resuming normal operations in all units in the near future,” the email read.

Caleb Lazar

Caleb Lazar is the senior editor of data desk for The Brown Daily Herald's 133rd Editorial Board.