Classes may be held remotely due to inclement weather Friday

Administrative, academic offices, testing centers to close Feb. 25

<p>The Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley Dining Hall will continue to have normal dining hours on Friday. The other dining halls may be closed or will have reduced hours.</p>

The Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley Dining Hall will continue to have normal dining hours on Friday. The other dining halls may be closed or will have reduced hours.

Instructors can opt to hold their classes remotely on Friday due to inclement weather, Executive Vice President for Planning and Policy Russell Carey ’91 MA’06 announced in an email to the Brown community. The email also announced that testing centers and administrative and academic offices will be closed Friday.

The Sharpe Refectory and Verney-Woolley Dining Hall will continue to operate on normal dining hours while other dining halls may be closed or have modified hours, according to the announcement. 

Staff members designated as essential “because their responsibilities include non-deferrable services” are required to report to work “as directed by management,” Carey wrote. The email also advised members of the community to avoid non-essential travel and remain indoors as grounds and custodial staff clear paths and other pedestrian areas. 

Carey also wrote that the Brown University Shuttle may cease operations at the discretion of First Transit, the BUS operator. The decision to shut down the shuttle will “be made and communicated separately from any decision to close or delay opening of the University,” Carey wrote.

Community members are encouraged to look for more information via the Emergency Information Line recorded message at 401-863-3111, Providence-area news outlets, the Brown homepage and the University’s emergency information page, Carey wrote.

Kaitlyn Torres

Kaitlyn Torres is the senior editor of community for The Brown Daily Herald's 133rd Editorial Board. She previously covered diversity as a University News section editor. In her free time, Kaitlyn enjoys listening to The Arctic Monkeys and going on archaeological digs.