A guide to Thayer Street’s late-night eats

<p>Thayer Street is a great spot for dining options open past midnight to fuel late-night studying or meet the need for a midnight snack.</p>

Thayer Street is a great spot for dining options open past midnight to fuel late-night studying or meet the need for a midnight snack.

Lined with restaurants and shops, Thayer Street is a magnet for Brown students seeking after-hours dining options to fuel late-night studying or meet the need for a midnight snack, here is a list of Thayer’s best dining joints that are often open past midnight.

Caliente

While a little pricier than some of the other restaurants on the list, Caliente offers an extensive spread of filling choices. Though described as a Mexican grill, Caliente’s menu includes wings and subs in addition to tacos and burritos. Its vibrant atmosphere and delicious meals make it a bustling Thayer highlight.

Chinatown

Chinatown’s generous portion sizes make it a great spot for college students on a budget. Their meal combo is an extension of the Open Curriculum with an assortment of dishes to build a plate from. Chinatown is about quantity more than it is quality — but its food still attracts a sizable line throughout the day.

Baja’s Tex Mex Grill

Once Baja’s Taqueria (also located on Thayer) closes., you can walk two blocks up Thayer to Baja’s Tex Mex Grill, which remains open until 2 a.m. As indicated by its dual presence on the street, Baja’s is one of Thayer’s most popular spots.

East Side Pockets

East Side Pockets can stake a claim to the title of Thayer’s tastiest and cheapest late-night option. They offer a delectable range of Middle Eastern-style appetizers, wraps, soups and more. To top it off, their fast and friendly customer service provides an all-around positive dining experience.

Mike’s Calzones

Only one midnight snack is better than pizza: its easier-to-eat counterpart, the calzone. Mike’s Calzones offers a variety of filling options from classics like pepperoni and cheese to teriyaki chicken. If calzones aren’t what you’re craving, you are certain to find a tasty option among their wide selection of salads, subs and sides.

Insomnia Cookies

A cookie is a perfect way to end your night on a sweet note. Insomnia has a mouthwatering lineup of cookie and ice cream flavors, and if your sweet tooth is extra strong, you can even make a cookie ice cream sandwich.