Vivi Bubble Tea on Thayer Street reopens following new interior renovations

Store’s interior debuts modern makeover while retaining pink, cozy charm

<p>New pink booths, vivid posters and redone overhead lighting invite customers to enjoy Vivi's space, drinks and eats.</p>

New pink booths, vivid posters and redone overhead lighting invite customers to enjoy Vivi's space, drinks and eats.

After a temporary closure for renovations, Vivi Bubble Tea returned to Thayer Street on Friday with a new look.

Vivi first opened its doors on Thayer Street in 2017, attracting customers with its pink aesthetic and decorations featuring the franchise’s sugar-skull mascot. The shop’s cozy ambiance provided customers with an energy different from other bubble tea shops on College Hill.

The shop reopened this past Friday after closing for about one month. While its interior has been given a modern makeover, Vivi retains its pink and cozy charm that first drew customers to it. 

“It’s been seven years, so the old stuff is getting outdated,” Vivi Owner and Manager Jason Chou said, explaining the reason for renovations. “We wanted something that can compare to other bubble tea places.”

The shop’s interior has been transformed with comfortable pink and white booths. The furniture change has been accompanied by new decor — ornamental plants, new posters and redone overhead lighting — inviting customers to enjoy the space.

“I think the remodel is really cute,” wrote Jenny Zhang ’25.5 in a message to The Herald. “I like the new pink sofas as they’re more comfortable than the old wooden tables and chairs.”

As Vivi reopens, its essence remains unchanged as “a comfortable place where people can sit down and hang out,” Chou said. The shop’s menu is also set to stay the same.

“Personally I think Vivi drink and food are underrated mainly because of its underground location, but the change of the store makes it more attractive and spacious,” Zhang wrote. “I approve of Vivi.”