Jacob Alabab-Moser

AlababMoser_CO_-Rebecca-Volynsky

'Over, Under, Through' exhibit thrills Hillel

“Over, Under, Through,” a multimedia exhibit by Rebecca Volynsky, draws on styles of Russian ornamentation to weave a symbolic thread that invites viewers to explore her family’s Russian and Jewish heritage. The installation, which opened last week in the Brown University and Rhode Island School ...

Alabab-Moser-Courtesy-Evans-Molina-Fernandez
Arts & Culture

Evans Molina Fernandez composes vibrant paintings

Multidisciplinary artist Evans Molina Fernandez has amassed a large following in the Providence art scene with his dynamic aesthetic. Drawn from his Afro-Cuban identity and his passion for music, his multiculturally-influenced art has impressed gallerists and curators with both its formal aspects and ...

Alabab-Moser_Thelma-Golden-_CO_Wikimedia-Commons
Arts & Culture

Thelma Golden reflects on curatorial experience

Thelma Golden, director and chief curator of the Studio Museum in Harlem, spoke on her curatorial career in the Granoff Center for the Creative Arts’ Martinos Auditorium Wednesday.  The 90-minute talk took the form of a conversation with Courtney Martin, deputy director and chief curator of the Dia ...

The Setonian
Metro

NAACP, community unite in response to racist flyers

The Providence chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People called a press conference Monday at 12:30 p.m. at the intersection of Brook and George streets. Around 100 people gathered for a period of 20 minutes to show community solidarity in response to the discovery of ...

Alabab-Moser_Brown-Community_CO_Kenneth-C.-Zirkel
Arts & Culture

Providence organizations create new station

AS220, Providence Community Radio and Brown Student and Community Radio acquired the local, Low Power radio station WBRU-FM 101.1 FM last month, after a process of several years. This new development in community radio comes in the wake of the sale of WBRU’s frequency 95.5 last year for $5.63 million. ...

Alabab-Moser_Avon_GusReed
Arts & Culture

‘Call Me By Your Name’ artistic, lacks depth

“Call Me By Your Name,” which was adapted from a 2007 novel, directed by Italian director Luca Guadagnino, promises to pander to audiences with its premise of a gay love story, a theme that has yet to be fully developed in American cinema. But in reality, only the mesmerizing aesthetics of the film ...

More articles »