Thrown doughnut among incidents reported to DPS

The following summary includes all major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between April 6 and April 13. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on open cases that are currently under investigation by the department, the PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters, located at 75 Charlesfield St.

Friday, April 6:1:46 p.m. Person reported that sometime between 1:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on this date, unknown persons damaged the windshield and roof of his vehicle on Thayer Street. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.

Saturday, April 7:3:15 a.m. While on routine patrol, a DPS officer observed a subject being pursued by three others on Thayer Street. Upon further investigation, it was learned that patrons from a nearby business were pursuing the subject because they believed he had attempted to break into the establishment. PPD officers arrived on the scene and took the suspect into custody.

4:03 p.m. A DPS officer responded to the report of a person exhibiting dangerous and disruptive behavior on Stevenson Field. Upon arrival, the officer found a subject being disruptive in the stands while attending a sporting event. The subject was uncooperative and appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. The subject was removed from the premises.

Sunday, April 8:11:26 p.m. Complainant reported that while walking on Thayer Street, occupants of a vehicle driving by threw a doughnut at her, striking her in the head. DPS officers searched the area for the subjects to no avail. The matter is under investigation.

Monday, April 9:9:33 a.m. A DPS officer responded to a report of a minor auto incident at Lot 76. One of the vehicles involved sustained minor damage, but no injuries were reported.

Wednesday, April 11:6:32 p.m. Complainant reported that sometime between 7:30 a.m. on April 10 and 11 a.m. on April 11, unknown persons removed a chef's knife from his locker in the Sharpe Refectory. The matter is under investigation, and there are no suspects or witnesses at this time.

Thursday, April 12:4:41 p.m. PPD and DPS officers responded to the report of a minor auto incident on Power Street. None of the parties involved sustained injuries.