OK Go and Edan final acts added to Spring Weekend lineup

Ticket sales open to Brown community members this week

OK Go and Edan will play at Spring Weekend this year, rounding out the lineup for the weekend's concerts, Brown Concert Agency President Elizabeth Trongone '06 told The Herald Monday.

OK Go, a rock group that includes Brown alum Damien Kulash '98, will open for Ted Leo and the Pharmacists and Wilco on Thursday, April 20, in Meehan Auditorium. DJ Edan will open for Yerba Buena and Common on Saturday, April 22, on the Main Green.

Trongone said Edan will likely be performing with rapper Dagha, though she had yet to confirm this with Edan's management at press time.

Trongone said OK Go will cost between $5,000 and $10,000. "They're a poppy, happy rock music band. And one reason behind our thinking is that one of the singers went to Brown," she said. "They'd be the type of group that would want to mingle with the crowd and stuff."

Edan will cost between $2,000 and $3,000, Trongone said. "He's a local artist from Boston. A couple of people on the board have seen him live," she said.

Ticket sales for the concerts began yesterday, she said. "After the first hour, we'd already sold over 40 tickets - which is kind of unheard of," she said.

This week only Brown community members can purchase tickets. Tickets for the Thursday and Saturday concerts can be purchased together for $25. Individually, the Thursday and Saturday shows cost $12 and $15, respectively, for Brown students.

Starting next week, anyone will be able to purchase tickets on Ticketweb.com, Trongone said.

"Thursday night could potentially sell out because Meehan has a smaller capacity than the Main Green," she said.