Dartmouth well-represented in Olympics

Andrew Weibrecht, who graduated from Dartmouth last spring, added a bronze medal to his resume Feb. 19. The 24-year-old placed third in Super-G alpine skiing, just behind silver medalist Bode Miller.

Dartmouth sent seven alums and two current students to Vancouver for the Olympics.
Big Green sophomore Tommy Ford finished 26th in the giant slalom, ahead of Brown's Dow Travers '12, who finished 69th in the event.

But Dartmouth's Olympic ties go beyond the athletes. U.S. Olympic Committee CEO Scott Blackmun and former Vancouver mayor Gordon Campbell, who helped bring the Olympics to Vancouver, graduated from Dartmouth in 1979 and 1969, respectively, according to USA Today.

Princeton women's basketball team on a roll

There are five women's college basketball teams in the nation with two or fewer losses, the top four teams in the polls and one more — Princeton.

The Tigers are on the brink of cracking the rankings in both the ESPN/USA Today and the AP Top 25 Poll, and they have won 16 consecutive games — the most recent of which was a 64-38 trouncing of Brown on Saturday.

Next weekend will decide if men's hockey team gets home ice in ECAC Tournament

The men's hockey team will have to finish in the top eight teams in the ECAC standings after this weekend in order to earn a best-of-three game series for the first round of the ECAC Tournament.

The Bears will face off against seventh-place Quinnipiac and Princeton, which is tied with Brown for ninth, this weekend. Quinnipiac and Princeton will also have to face ECAC leader and No. 4 Yale this weekend.

Here are the teams who will battle it out this weekend for the eighth home ice slot. Wins are worth two points and ties are worth one. 

7. Quinnipiac (18 points), 8. Harvard (17), 9. Princeton (16), 9. Brown (16), 11. Dartmouth (14)