Around the Bend: Can't-miss matchups

As reading period kicks off, Brown students are getting ready for final exams and papers. However, the spring sports teams will continue competing until the summer. Here is a look at their upcoming competitions:

Baseball will face off against Yale in its last series of the season. The Bears will host the Bulldogs in the first two games of the series, starting at 1 p.m. Friday. They will then travel to Yale to play the second doubleheader Saturday, beginning at 1 p.m.

Softball has a similar schedule, as the team plays a four-game series against Yale, with the first two games at home Friday starting at 2 p.m. and the last two away Saturday beginning at 12:30 p.m.

Men's lacrosse will host Dartmouth Saturday for a 1 p.m. game. The Bears will compete in the Ivy League Tournament if they end the season as one of the top four teams in the conference. Princeton currently stands alone atop the rankings with a 4-1 record but is closely followed by Yale, Cornell and Brown, who all hold a 3-2 record.

Women's lacrosse will look for a win against Duke on May 9 at 11 a.m. in order to finish the season with a winning record.

Men's crew will race at Princeton on Saturday to finish its regular season. The Bears (4-0, 2-0 ECAC) will enter the Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges Sprints at Worcester, Mass., on May 16. This Eastern College Athletic Conference event will also determine the Ivy League champion.

Women's crew will host Yale this Saturday at 11 a.m. The Bears will then prepare for the Eastern Association of Women's Rowing Colleges Sprints in Camden, N.J., scheduled to kick off on May 16.

Men's and women's track and field have a busy end-of-the-year schedule with competitions on every weekend until the end of May. They will compete at the Princeton Elite Meet this Saturday. And on May 8 and 9, the Bears will return to Princeton to compete at the Ivy League Heptagonal Championship. The following weekend, Bruno will once again be at Princeton to compete at the ECAC/Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletics of America Championships May 14–16.

Women's water polo will play in the first round of the Eastern Championships in College Park, Md., Friday at 4 p.m against Indiana. The Bears earned a spot to compete at Easterns after they defeated Harvard, 14-10, earlier in the season. The women are the sixth seed out of eight teams. Last year, the team was the fifth seed and finished in fourth place.

Equestrian will travel to Lexington, Ky., to compete in the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Nationals May 6–9. The Bears will try to improve from their 10th-place finish last season