From the editors: What we're thankful for

Alice … our staff, who amaze us every day … our business staff, who pay for us every day …  our parents, for everything … our understanding roommates and siblings … Officer Chuck … boxes of donuts, drawers of candy and cabinets filled with cookies … Neal Poole … Zarvox the Phaser — RIP Ricoh … Marisa Quinn … a cash crop of old computers, and a bumper crop of new writers … Steven Jones and the Hufflepuff Quidditch team … blurbs … beautified whiteboard lines … letters on fancy paper, Au Bon Pain catering and our fantastically supportive alumni board … our plus-ones … copy editors, because mistakes bohter them … you, dear reader … Lucille, Annyong and the whole "Arrested Development" gang … post-, for keeping us sexy … the blog, for keeping us relevant… the GCB, their tequila shots and the nod of respect we get for arriving at midnight … old man shirts and info session formalwear … Class Board, DVD-throwing politicians, the endowment and all others we subject to our weekly witticisms … antibiotics … the edit page board, for filling this space every other day of the week … liaisons of every kind … Herald buddies … pyramids, inverted or otherwise … the restaurants of Thayer Street, for keeping us fed … breaking news, and the intrepid reporters who take our phone calls … Set … Uno … infographics in and about our newspaper … scientific studies … professors who give us credit — literally … the New Curriculum, for providing endless story ideas and ensuring we will actually graduate … barbecue chicken pizza … InCopy, in spite of everything … our recession-busting general managers … doing production in a Europop nightclub … the Center for Language Studies … efficiency … crafty crossword puzzles and photogenic Boggle boards … caffeine … our senior consultants … newsroom Twitter … style tips … being free of serial commas … the intercom system … appropriate office behavior … amaretto sours … glamour shots … Vendor, Beveragina and lead-free water … getting driven home … Wendy Schiller … digitization, financial aid and the girl in oficinita … the top shelf … bold face, lower case and the army of Herald alums always willing to help us … the back table … D.C. apartment production … cabinet music … presidents who didn't quit … design, who always wins … ABBA … Theracane … four-figging … p.m. finishing … the decathafinish … always having lofty goals … sympathetic thesis advisers (we hope) … photos courtesy of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration … sharing silverware, an e-mail address and personal confessions … making the newsletter, and other reasons to call the College Publisher emergency help line … the staff newsletter, our building and the highway to Seekonk … our independence (woohoo!) … the "Independent" and a shared love of kickball … cheap, but not ironic, beer … Happy Hour(s) … the brothers of Beta Delta Eta … Jello shots … version 1.0, who will always have a special place in our hearts … 117 issues down, five to go … 120 years of history … one year of great friends and endless laughs … and the 121st editorial board, for their boundless ambition and their willingness to take this on next.

The Herald's 120th editorial board has a lot to be thankful for. Thank you for reading.