There's more than snow in the air.

You may have noticed, dear reader, some changes, which are all intended to further our mission of serving the Brown community.

A new design

In addition to a new flag that features the Van Wickle Gates, the paper has a new typeface — Minion Pro — for article text. The crossword puzzle, menu and calendar have left the back page and joined Sudoku on the second page. Comics can be found on the inside of the paper.

A new section name

The Metro section has been renamed City & State. The change is meant to more clearly communicate the purpose of the section. It will continue to run on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to bring you in-depth coverage of Providence and Rhode Island.

A star system

Arts & Culture reviews will now assign a rating out of five stars. We know you are all busy people, and the starred rating is intended to help you decide which performances and exhibits are must-see, and which are must-skip.

Get at us

You may have noticed over Winter Break that some of our web updates have featured solicitations for letters to the editor and for tips. We want to hear from you. We cannot get enough of your feedback and ideas for stories, so keep them coming. As always, if you have thoughts about a story or the redesign, e-mail Letters@BrownDailyHerald.com. If there is something you think The Herald ought to cover, e-mail Tips@BrownDailyHerald.com. If you just want to say hi, e-mail Herald@BrownDailyHerald.com.

We live to serve, so let us know how we are doing, and how we can improve. And, as always, the best way to improve The Herald is by joining it.

Thanks for reading.