This Friday, the '80s metal flashback group Hinder will throw "a big old party" at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel, said Mark King, the group's guitarist.

"We try to give it our all. We try to make every song sound like the album recording," King said.

With a lineup that features a mix of songs from all of its albums, Hinder plans to rock its first concert in Rhode Island. The group will play its most notable hits, "Get Stoned" and "Lips of an Angel," the second of which reached the number one spot in New Zealand and number three in the United States in 2005.

Critics have described Hinder as "dude rock" reminiscent of Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue. King said the group's biggest influences include these bands as well as Aerosmith.

"We love rock and roll," King said. Hinder aims to be like bands "from the '80s when rock and roll was at the top of the world," he added.

Strong, raspy male vocals and heavy guitar riffs dominate most of Hinder's songs, with the exception of the occasional light rock love song.

Booze, tattoos and high-energy rock are featured in "Up All Night," a music video, which the band members filmed.

King said college students are Hinder's largest target audience, but he has seen people from all across the age spectrum at the group's concerts."We've seen a 45-year-old mother bring her 15-year-old daughter," King said. "We like to have a good time — it's basically like one big party."

The show, which starts at 8:30 p.m., will include special guests Saving Abel, My Darkest Days and Kopek. Tickets cost $25 in advance and $30 on the day of the concert.

— Katherine Thornton