Editors’ Note: New digital content and a weekly print edition for The Herald

This fall, The Herald will be in print on Thursdays and online every day

Signs of life are starting to appear across College Hill again: Incoming first-years are moving in for pre-orientation programs, and older students are trickling back into their off-campus homes. 

At The Herald, we’re excited to return, too. We’ll release our First-Year Poll and Guide to Brown when the full class of 2027 arrives, and we’ll publish a full slate of stories on the first day of classes, Wednesday, Sept. 6.

A few things will be different about The Herald this semester. First, we’ll be changing our print product to a once-weekly, 16-page issue that comes out on Thursdays. Our staff will hand out the first of this semester’s papers on Thursday, Sept. 7. 

We’ll still publish a full slate of stories online Monday through Friday, while the print issue will allow readers to catch up on the week’s biggest news as well as the news of the day. We believe that a longer, more intentional weekly publication will allow us to create a product that elevates the work of our reporters, photographers and designers.

As our readers have changed their habits over time, we’ve come to understand that the best way to reach our audience — the Brown community — is online. To that end, we’re also adding to our newsletter offerings in an effort to better serve our online readers. This fall, you can get two new email newsletters from The Herald that we hope will provide our community with important and interesting stories.

Herald Sports (Mondays): An end-of-weekend update on Brown athletics, featuring sports stories and scores from our sports editors and reporters.

Brown Buzz (Fridays): A guide to your weekend, what to do and where to go on College Hill and what Herald staff are reading and watching.

Today’s Headlines subscribers will also start getting the Week in Review – a quick way to catch up on headlines from the week that you might have missed or want to dive deeper into.

You can subscribe to the newsletters by clicking on any of the links above.

While The Herald’s day-to-day operations are changing, we remain committed to the mission our organization has held for 132 years: Serving our community by reporting the news and holding the University accountable — all while training the next generation of journalists. 

We can’t wait to see you all — online, in print and on campus — soon.

Editors’ notes are written by The Herald’s 133rd Editorial Board: Will Kubzansky ’24, Katy Pickens ’24, Alex Nadirashvili ’24, Augustus Bayard ’24, Caleb Lazar ’24, Peter Swope ’24 and Kaitlyn Torres ’24.