Abigail Savitch-Lew

savitch-lew_mankiw_shirley-leung

Mankiw discusses fiscal problems

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so,” said N. Gregory Mankiw P’17, professor of economics and department chair at Harvard, quoting Mark Twain in a lecture to a full Salomon 001 Wednesday. His talk focused on problematic ...

The Setonian
Metro

PC students protest canceled marriage talk

When administrators at the Catholic Providence College canceled a lecture by a same-sex marriage advocate last month, students and faculty members unleashed a backlash that led to the university’s amending of its non-discrimination policy to include gender identity and sexual orientation. The debate ...

SL_SWTickets_brownbsa

TouchNet stalls Spring Weekend ticket sales

After thousands of students were unable to purchase Spring Weekend tickets Monday morning due to technical issues with TouchNet, a third-party service that handles credit card payments, Brown Student Agencies and Brown Concert Agency successfully resumed sales Monday evening. Out of 6,400 tickets intended ...

The Setonian

Lecture reveals Adam Smith’s take on justice

The 18th-century philosopher Adam Smith is frequently described as the father of capitalism and is well known for praising what he called the market’s “invisible hand.” But he also developed complex theories of justice, said Daniel Klein, an economics professor at George Mason University, in a ...

More articles »