Clarification appended.

Funding constraints may prevent the inclusion of an additional advisory handout in next year's first-year orientation packet, said Academic and Administrative Affairs Committee Chair Frank Rinaldi '12 at the general body meeting of the Undergraduate Council of Students Wednesday night.

Council members started creating an additional advising guide this summer, intended to provide helpful tips such as problem-solving techniques, The Herald reported in October. Concerns with funding were first addressed at last week's council meeting after Rinaldi reported that Carol Cohen '83, associate dean of the College for first-year and sophomore studies, said an additional insert would be too expensive.

The committee will continue to find the best way to get the information to students, Rinaldi said.

The Admissions and Student Services Committee completed its first audit of satellite gyms last week, said chair Chris Collins '11, assessing each piece of equipment, noise levels and the functionality of the gym's television.

Vice President Ben Farber '12 also announced at the meeting that voting in council elections may continue on MyCourses this year, with the addition of instant runoff voting. MyCourses is an option under consideration, though no final decision has been made. The council approved a constitutional amendment last spring to add instant runoff voting to avoid holding a separate election for candidates who do not receive the majority of the vote, The Herald reported at the time.

Farber said he assessed different mechanisms to employ instant runoff voting and decided to keep voting on the MyCourses system to avoid decreasing turnout.

An earlier version of this article reported that UCS elections would take place in MyCourses. In fact, no decision was made, but MyCourses is one of the options.